Ordered an FZ1 Headlight

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Posting these pics up for someone to see details on the bracket. I removed some of the smaller gauge metal that is intended to hold wiring etc. IMHO you don't need any of the smaller stuff on the FZ6. Just the frame around the outside.

Last edited:

ChurchWVU

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to make sure this was a possibility without having any metal fabrication tools. It looks like partshark is the cheapest place for me to pick up these parts. How does the headlight hold up to the wind? Any vibrations at high speeds.

Thanks again for the help, greatly appreciated!

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to make sure this was a possibility without having any metal fabrication tools. It looks like partshark is the cheapest place for me to pick up these parts. How does the headlight hold up to the wind? Any vibrations at high speeds.

Thanks again for the help, greatly appreciated!

It shakes a little over bumps, but you can only tell if you're watching the light on roadsigns. No vibrations or wind problems.

Lowe

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Hot4Teach. I got this in and I havn't had time to look at things closely but looking at my pics and yours ...looks like I'm in for alot of ordering parts/fabricating things, huh? Will be using your thread for guidance! Thanks for the pics/write up!

5708035845_59761118b4.jpg

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
The wiring really is not as bad as it looks. Just high beam, low beam, l&r signals and grounds.

Come to think of it, I did spend quite a bit of time on the loom. Mainly pulling it apart and making all the wires the right length so it would look nice.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When you guys are modding to a single headlamp is your low beam filament turning off when the high beam is turned on?

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
When you guys are modding to a single headlamp is your low beam filament turning off when the high beam is turned on?

Yep.............................

I used the wire from my headlight mod which is tagged at the high/low beam switch. This is the same wire as BD43 is using, except it only takes 20 mins to do.

Last edited:

Lowe

Reaction score
Visit site
Big ups to Kelly (hot4teach). Sending him my fz1 headlight to make things plug and play for me! :rockon: