Only one High Beam with what I think is projector with angel eye installed? HELP?

Papacheeks

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

This question I believe is connected to another thread about projector with ANgel eye mod. I bought this bike years ago knowing there was some headlight mod done but everything for past several years has passed inspection. Now I see that the inspector notices one of the high beams works when you switch it on. I notice that there is a inner switch on the inside plastic airing that adds a little extra light to the right side when on? But I dont see that on left side? left side has lights that come on when bike is on.

But highbeam only comes on right side? I looked up online about FZ6 and its said that only the one side comes on for high? I could not get a definitive on this, and would like some clarification.

Here are some pics to help:
IMG_1400.png
IMG_1401.png
IMG_1402.png

The video shows the lights on and what happens when you hit the switch on the inside of fairing which looks like it tuns off low beams.

Any point in right direction, i did look into Projector ANgel eye thread in mod section but saw last update was 2016.

Thanks,

You may have a failed lamp or power supply. Not knowing what the extra switch is for might add mystery to this but we don't know if it's related. Those are HID and have high voltage power supplies. The FZ6 headlamp circuit has a relay that remains off until the engine is started so testing should be done after the engine has been started, Once the engine has been started you can leave the key in the on position and the hit the kill switch to stop the engine and the headlamp relay will stay active for test etc. Don't forget to turn your key off when done testing.
The running light circuit is generally used for the halos and is separate from the headlamp control.
Without knowing how this was wired in the first place makes it hard to give advice. You may have to do a little digging.

You may have a failed lamp or power supply. Not knowing what the extra switch is for might add mystery to this but we don't know if it's related. Those are HID and have high voltage power supplies. The FZ6 headlamp circuit has a relay that remains off until the engine is started so testing should be done after the engine has been started, Once the engine has been started you can leave the key in the on position and the hit the kill switch to stop the engine and the headlamp relay will stay active for test etc. Don't forget to turn your key off when done testing.
The running light circuit is generally used for the halos and is separate from the headlamp control.
Without knowing how this was wired in the first place makes it hard to give advice. You may have to do a little digging.

Appreciate the reply

Back