Only 12 liters of fuel before reserve?

nudgedoink

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys I have an 07 and I can only seem to get 12l of petrol into the tank before reserve. Have any of u experienced anything like this? If the tank is 18litres can I really get 6 liters worth of fuel out of the f-trip?

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
My last fill up was 15.45 litres and I was a couple of miles into reserve. I always fill it on the centre stand and put the fuel I'm slow so it doesn't froth up and after the first time the pump clicks off go even slower until I can see the fuel all the way to the top of the holely plate thing inside the top of the tank . . . .

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I fill up on sidestand but sometimes straighten it, and never get more than 12-13 before reserve.

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
My last fill up was 15.45 litres and I was a couple of miles into reserve. I always fill it on the centre stand and put the fuel I'm slow so it doesn't froth up and after the first time the pump clicks off go even slower until I can see the fuel all the way to the top of the holely plate thing inside the top of the tank . . . .

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Same here. but I fill on the side stand (never tried on the center stand). I usually put about 4 gallons in (about 15 liters), and fill asap after I hit reserve. Maybe the float or fuel pump sending unit is bad or out of calibration (bent float rod maybe?).

nudgedoink

Reaction score
Visit site
i guess my main concern is how many litres can i expect the fuel tank to have if i only use 12.5 liters before reserve? is it really simple maths or is it possible that my tank holds less than 19.4 liters?

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my 08 for a couple of months now and generally my fuel stop is 3-6 miles into reserve and then I put in around 15 to 15 1/2 ltr fuel on the sidestand.
My only gripe is that with my 05 model I used to get around 180 to a tank without running dry but now I only seem to get around 140 - 145 for what seems to be about the same degree of tank drain.
Anyone else feel their newer model is not as frugal?
I'm going to do a critical carb balance soon plus a service as she's done around 10 thou now, so I'm hoping to make a difference.

Also, I'm going to try the next fill-up on the centre stand to see if that makes any difference. As it is I fill right to the basket. We'll see....

nudgedoink

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow 15 liters on sidestand?? 12 plus is the max I can get on centerstand. As for fuel consumption tho I get between 18-19km/l which is quite good for the mods I have.

fb40dash5

Reaction score
Visit site
I usually get ~4 gallons in if I fill up shortly after the bottom segment starts flashing. That's on the sidestand, til it's above the holey-platey-thingy.

I put almost 50 miles the F-trip when I first bought it, and put ~5 gallons in. I get around 50mpg, so that sure makes sense. It wasn't sputtering, so I have to assume it had more left. However, the bike is heavy to push, concerns of sucking up gunk from the bottom of the tank notwithstanding, so I refrain from running it totally dry just to find out what the actual, usable capacity is. :p

D

Dave.TX

Nudgedoink, my 08 does the same thing. Goes on reserve way before it should. I'm thinking reserve should kick in around 17 instead of 12. All the rides I've been on though I fill up usually right after it's consumed 7.5L.

For those of us here in the U.S.A. my bike will show it's on reserve after using only 3 gallons, roughly 140 miles, on a 5.1 gallon tank. I've gotten used to that and know I can go at least to 200 miles if I need to.

DDS

Reaction score
Visit site
For what it's worth I've had 25 miles out of reserve I thought reserve was generally around 20-30 miles