One step closer to getting another FZ6

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, sold the V-strom today... Monday I call the dealer (found one who still has an new '09 FZ6) and maybe drop a deposit on it... I am not quite 100% sure I am going to buy one, but I have the rest of the weekend to mull it over....:thumbup:

P.S. Had a test drive last week on an FZ8... Nice bike, but it cost too much for the nominal upgrade in power... Don't get me wrong, the bike has a nice midrange (something that many complained about the FZ6 lacking), but it loses something over the FZ6. I don't care too much for the new styling either... I came away, with the feeling... "meh"

Richard

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really thought you already had a fz6 and was thinking of putting 2 in the driveway... good to hear about looking for another fz6.. they are great bikes, which you already know.. I have often wanted to get another fz6 and turn it naked, as to have the best of both worlds... :thumbup:

have you looked at the street triple?? :spank: heard good things

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking, why did you sell the v-strom? Just didn't compare with the fz or..?

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking, why did you sell the v-strom? Just didn't compare with the fz or..?

V-Strom is a great bike, but I like it for a different reason. It is a great light tourer. Comfy, great weather protection... Problem is... it has a little muted power output. I no longer care about high power output, but after riding a freinds Kawasaki Versys and the new FZ8, I realized I missed the fun factor of a few more ponies and a sportier oriented bike... FZ6 still does it for me...

Richard

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
V-Strom is a great bike, but I like it for a different reason. It is a great light tourer. Comfy, great weather protection... Problem is... it has a little muted power output. I no longer care about high power output, but after riding a freinds Kawasaki Versys and the new FZ8, I realized I missed the fun factor of a few more ponies and a sportier oriented bike... FZ6 still does it for me...

Richard

Sounds like the exact reason I traded my 'Strom. It's definitely a great, versatile bike, the FZ6 is just a little more... me, I guess.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i only wish they would change one thing, add adjustable suspension.. i dont care the extra "factory" cost (within reason) but yes, the fz6 is really the perfect bike for.. ME :thumbup:

screams when it needs to and is almost silent when down low...

Last edited:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
***UPDATE***.... one more step closer... put a deposit down on a new '09 (only Blue left I think, but that's fine with me, I like blue better).. Found (thanks to someone here) at a Quebec Dealer north of Montreal... Over 650 kms away... Going to be a long drive to pick it up...:eek:

Stay tuned for the continuing saga of "gettin' back to the FZ6"...

Richard

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
My dealer still has two new 09's. I'm seriously thinking of financing and getting a second one, (while they are available), for my son. Yes - they're that great a bike IMO.

Last edited:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Leaving Tonight (early morning actually) at 3am... driving all night to Montreal Quebec... Picking up my new '09 Blue FZ6 and then driving home... Total drive time about 13 hours (there and back)... Wish me luck...

Richard

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I still maintain that threads like this help steer their future US-based decisions, at least. What did we like about the 6? WHY did we like those things? How does their new offering fare against used versions of the 6? How far would CanadianFZ6 drive to pick up a used FZ6 over a new 8? You're voting with your (canadian) dollars, and with your butt-in-the-saddle time, and you're doing it publicly, in a way that Yamaha could see if they felt inclined. I feel the same way... I put about 10k a year on a bike, which for the last 4 years has been an 07 FZ6. I'm at 36k now, and I am not tempted by the FZ8 much at all. Worse mpg, worse comfort, slightly better midrange, heavier weight... nerp.

Last edited:

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Final step...

After driving 1400 kms to Montreal Quebec yesterday (there and back, and in one day might I add)... Brought home my new 2009 FZ6 in Blue... Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture...

Richard

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome stuff...a trip well worth the effort. Now whatever you do, look after it, hold onto it, and enjoy.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 is a good bike but it is not FZ1 ;). FZ1 is leaps better and even after owning the FZ1 for 2 years I no longer lust after replacing it. I owned the FZ6 for 3 years BTW.