One for the colder climes,

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
....and no I haven't done a track day yet but there's a bloke I just met at work who's done the IOM a few times times, came 14th or something on the supersport this year who is an instructor so I'm going to hook up a day when he's instructing in the new year. I think he's called Dan Hobson
If there is room for one more I would love to join ya.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, cool. Reckon it won't be warm/dry enough until March or April. I might ride in all weathers but I want to do a track day in decent weather so I can really go for it. Plus, I wear glasses, and it is a humungous pain in the @rse when it's raining. Tried contacts recently but it aint working out so I'll just have to suffer. Visaor shut - mists up, visor open (even a tiny bit) - rain comes in and water pours down from the helmet and on the inside of the visor. Joy:rockon:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
fantastic roundabout where the A4 meets the A340 at Theale):Sport:

Incidentally if you go from Aldermaston to Burghchlere, as I did this morning for a change, along Church Road there is a corner, just before the AWE back entrance, that is almost exactly like Eau Rouge at Spa. If there's no traffic it's great fun[/QUOTE]

I know thta roundabout well. I often use it on the wrong way home from work lol.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes mate Im blind as a bat to. I hate wearing gigs. Gona wait until ultralase gets abit cheaper then go for it. I will defo be up for hitting the track with you. I dont have a van but if we split the cost it would still be pretty cheap. I to don't want to go in the rain cause of the gigs issue.

Roll on spring..........................................

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes mate Im blind as a bat to. I hate wearing gigs. Gona wait until ultralase gets abit cheaper then go for it. I will defo be up for hitting the track with you. I dont have a van but if we split the cost it would still be pretty cheap. I to don't want to go in the rain cause of the gigs issue.

Roll on spring..........................................

I agree.....about the specs and ulralase issue. It's all about convincing the missus that it is a GOOD thing to be paying out for rather than for groceries etc. I will speak to Dan about a track day. I want to do Thruxton (because it's fast and not far from home) but because he's from the midlands he generally does Silverstone/Donny etc. I've been to most tracks with my MG racing mate so I know them from a car POV. Basically I want to go FAST and lean LOADS. I have a Alpinestars jacket and Heine Gericke keks so will have to sew the keks zip into the jacket to do it

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree.....about the specs and ulralase issue. It's all about convincing the missus that it is a GOOD thing to be paying out for rather than for groceries etc. I will speak to Dan about a track day. I want to do Thruxton (because it's fast and not far from home) but because he's from the midlands he generally does Silverstone/Donny etc. I've been to most tracks with my MG racing mate so I know them from a car POV. Basically I want to go FAST and lean LOADS. I have a Alpinestars jacket and Heine Gericke keks so will have to sew the keks zip into the jacket to do it
I have Hein gericke jacket and by the end of the day brown keks lol. I have frank thomas leather and cordura keks. The fit kinda, slightly twisted. If I do the track thing though my missus will insist that I buy the proper gear. God bless her. I have never been to thruxton. How far from us is it? What do you reckon about renting a van or riding to the circuit? My mate has a van contact very local £50.00 for the day no questions asked.......