oil filter question

mikexup

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought a Purolator filter today but it has L14610 instead of the PL14610. Same filter or do I have to find one with the PL before the numbers??

S

Shamus McFeeley

Looks like they're the same as far as mechanical specs. I don't know if they're the same in terms of filter media. I would say use it.

L14610

PL14610

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
The pl is for the pureone and the l is for the plain pureolaters if I'm not mistaken

adberns

Reaction score
Visit site
As stated, the PL is the PureOne version, and the L is the Purolator Classic. Depends on how long you are going to run the filter if I'd leave it on. My biggest thought would be the anti-drainback valve on the Classic is nitrile, which can get hard and not retain oil as well as the PureOne's ADBV, which is silicone.

If you're curious, there's a post from BobIsTheOilGuy about the differences -- Purolator classic VS pure one.

If it were me, I'd run the filter, since I'd only be using it for at most a year. YMMV.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, even though its probably not a big deal I would return it. Ive always ran PureOnes on my bikes and car (and my family members cars when I change their oil). It would bug me knowing it wasnt a PureOne. But thats just me lol probably isnt actually worth the trouble of returning it.

Last edited:

mikexup

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, a lot of good info. Just for absolute peace of mind and the fact that the bikes not due for a oil change, I will look for a Pureone.