Ohlins Steering damper for FZ6.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh Wolfie! Where were you on friday? Before I shelled out & replaced my back tyre!:(

Lol! Don't stress, if you want the thing, I am sure it will be around for a while, the amount of FZ6 riders that ride their bike hard enough, or tour 2 up, to warrant a steering damper, are few and far between!

It's an exceptional piece of kit that comes into it's own when going hard, or when touring, and the front of the bike becomes light enough to warrant settling it down via a steering damper...

PM me' if you are keen, and I am sure we can sort something out re payment terms.

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Totally agree that it would be a bit of top kit, but I really do ride like a granny.:D Looks the ducks nuts but it just wouldn't get used on my bike! Sort of thought that a back tire might just trump the steering dampner... Just :rolleyes:
Best o'luck though! And I'll keep an eye out for any other goodies!
Cheers.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be on this like a 'Duck on a June Bug' if I didn't already have a setup. One of the best things I did for my FZ6. It made so much difference in the turns and smoothed out those unwanted variations. The front felt so much more planted.
Try to buy an Ohlins for this price! You aint!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be on this like a 'Duck on a June Bug' if I didn't already have a setup. One of the best things I did for my FZ6. It made so much difference in the turns and smoothed out those unwanted variations. The front felt so much more planted.
Try to buy an Ohlins for this price! You aint!

Yep, don't underestimate the value if this mod....and it ain't common, but well worth it...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so which 6 are you selling???

Most definitely not "Damien", the black beast, which i have spent a "kings ransom" on....that will stay in my stable for many years to come!

Am selling the bike that was "Pinky", the "donor" bike for the suspension, bars, rearsets, seat unit, etc, that now reside on the bike that is "Damien"!!!

It has served it's purpose, and now needs a new home, to make way for the "balls out" super tourer...that will be a CBR1100XX Blackbird....

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
oh you mean the cup bike.. damn you and your cup bike...

Lol! I am in the middle of doing a deal to get my hands on the remaining "Cup Bike" kits, to sell on to whoever may want them, and has the financial means to purchase, and pay for shipping anywhere in the world....

;)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, i am selling one of my 2 FZ6's, and as such, have a few things i want to sell.

First up, an Ohlins Steering Damper....

Ohlins Steering Damper - FZ6-Forum Community Photo Gallery

Is in excellent condition, mounting hardware included...just bolt on and go.

$350 AU firm, plus shipping.

PM me if interested...no time wasters please.

Bump.....this is a great price for a great bit of kit!

chrisfed

Reaction score
Visit site
*proud new owner of it* - thanks man! you were great to deal with - great packaging job, shipped as promised! cheers! i'll install soon and begin smiling

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
*proud new owner of it* - thanks man! you were great to deal with - great packaging job, shipped as promised! cheers! i'll install soon and begin smiling

Yes, you will begin smiling, it is a great piece of it, which will give you much greater control over the bike in extreme riding situations, and most importantly, when 2 up with a truckload of gear....7 clicks from off, will be perfect for 2 up touring, or hard sports riding....

glad your happy with it, cause i was sad to part with it....only reason i sold it, was because it dont work with my custom triple clamps, and i could not be bothered with getting a new mount made to make it work with my black bike.

enjoy.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Wolfman!

I know you already sold the kit, but I have a few questions about it:

1# Would the steering damper you had fit on a Fazer (which has a higher steering as far as I know)?

2# Would the steeringdamper help cure "buzzing handles", or is it all about stability during acceleration etc... the buzzing partially explained a thread I started last year.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/30924-fz6-started-buzzing.html

No one replied on this and no wonder... 2-3 different motorcycle shops/mechanics didn't really have a clue.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Wolfman!

I know you already sold the kit, but I have a few questions about it:

1# Would the steering damper you had fit on a Fazer (which has a higher steering as far as I know)?

2# Would the steeringdamper help cure "buzzing handles", or is it all about stability during acceleration etc... the buzzing partially explained a thread I started last year.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/30924-fz6-started-buzzing.html

No one replied on this and no wonder... 2-3 different motorcycle shops/mechanics didn't really have a clue.

The steering damper will work with any FZ6, as long as you use seperate handlebar clamps for each side of the handlebars, because the steering damper mount replaces the right side handlebar clamp on an FZ6....LIKE ON THE 04-06 FZ6's...the one piece handlebar clamp lke on 07+ FZ6's will not work with the ohlins steering damper.

The steering damper wont help buzzing bars...heavier bar end weight's will help though.

And, yes it is all about stability when the back wheel is loaded up fully, and the front becomes so light, that it wobbles in your hands...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Stuffing my handlebar with sand helped at little...
Where did you order/buy your steeringdamper (if you remember)?

I got my steering damper as part of the package, when i bought my FZ6 Cup bike.....but they are available from Ohlins....just go to their website...it is a listed part for the FZ6.

All ou need to do then, is find an Ohlins dealer, to order you one, and i am sure, you will get one....but they aint cheap...$850 new in Australia! but you get what you pay for...quality!

I like the idea of stuffing your handlebar's with sand....reversible!

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
... I like the idea of stuffing your handlebar's with sand....reversible! ...

Exactly my thought :D It's not the final solution but at least I can ride longer before my hands start to sleep... :banghead:

I just haven't really been up to melting lead the hardcore blacksmith way... gotta find out what's really wrong instead.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly my thought :D It's not the final solution but at least I can ride longer before my hands start to sleep... :banghead:

I just haven't really been up to melting lead the hardcore blacksmith way... gotta find out what's really wrong instead.

You might be gripping your bars too hard??? i find that when i am tense on the bike, that my hands can get the tingles....