Ohlin's shock

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the link to my install. I fat fingered the title so it doesn't come up.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/4978-ohline-shock-install.html

Bottomline: I love the thing. Worked perfectly for me out of the box. If you order from Hard Racing they will set it up for you. Tell them how much you weight, percent of riding two up and the type of riding you do: Sport, sport/touring, commuting, track days, etc. Also tell them if you like a firm or softer shock.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
This summer on my '07, I did the Ohlins shock and R6 fork install, and they are AWSOME!!!!!!! :rockon:

I may get a bunch of crap for this but here are a couple of other posts for this topic:

My schock install:
Ohlins YA 402 Install Detail - Sportbikes.net

R6 Fork (my posts are towards end):
R6 Fork Mod Instructions Revived - Page 24 - Sportbikes.net
I was going to go Racetech, but got a deal that wasn't much more expensive for the R6 stuff. Happy I did, but I'm sure I'd have been happy with the Racetech too.

I'm going to be making some brackets for mounting the '07+ front fender on the R6 forks, so check out that post if you're interested.

Howattzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the input guys. I can get Racetech emulators and spring kit plus the Ohlins height adjustable shock, all installed, for about $1400. To go R6 fork adds another $800 to the project. I am thinking that the first option is the best option, unless someone here can talk me out of it.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the input guys. I can get Racetech emulators and spring kit plus the Ohlins height adjustable shock, all installed, for about $1400. To go R6 fork adds another $800 to the project. I am thinking that the first option is the best option, unless someone here can talk me out of it.

That's exactly what i did...option one...you will not regret doing it, difference is like night & day...especially at the front!

:thumbup: