Oh used FZ6, how you hate me...let me count the ways... :(

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
My excitement at the prospect of riding my new (used) FZ6 quickly turned to a sober realization that, while it runs, it is turning into a project bike! The most recent turn of events involves my oil pan. P.O. striped the threads, so I took it off to have it heli-coiled by local shop. Turns out there is a hairline crack along threads to about an inch outside the hole right underneath the molding line. Does anyone know if other model years oil pans fit an 06' FZ6. Looked on eBay and they had an 05' oil pan but it looked complete different (not even powder coated and bolt was weird looking).

Thanks in advance for the help! :D

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I use cheapcycleparts.com to compare parts. You can look up the oil pan for your bike, then other years you might find and see if the part numbers match. I know this isn't 100% as some parts may have a slightly different look, but it has worked well for me when trying to find parts for my '84 KDX200.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Look for 03 and earlier r6 oil pans its the same thing and more readily available

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys. stealership wanted $114 for new one. Found one brand new for $83.00. Hope it comes powder-coated but I doubt it. :confused:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a thought: any machine shop that repairs aluminum auto cylinder heads should be able to weld that pan for you.

With that they could weld it up and just re-tap and not use a heli-coil.

Is the crack from being struck or induced by being over-tightened?

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Over tightening from the looks of it. The P.O. was an ass*&%e. The bolt would tighten all the way in but if you put the washer on it, it would just spin and spin, and spin. It was working fine but I didn't want to avoid a problem like that and risk the whole engine in a low oil situation.