Oh Crap! What the Hell is that! Nevermind...Newb

FeiJi

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright. So today I took my bike out for a quick ride. When I got back I pulled into the garage and like always I looked back at it before I went in. Well this time I noticed something hanging down behind the foot brake. What's that? I haven't seen that before! I go to look at it and noticed these 2 ruber hoses cut at angles. I start freaking out immediately. I mean, did I just avoid disaster? I start thinking about what I could have done to cut 2 ruber hoses. Right before I went for the ride I had put it on the center stand and had a little trouble with it. So I start thinking that I may have accidentally cut something when I put it on the stand. I immediately run in here and check this forum and THANK GOD!!! These are the fuel breather hoses. One of my questions is, how did I miss that? I've had the bike for over 2 months now and never noticed these before. Oh well, I know I'm not the only one this has happened to and I won't be the last but hopefully somebody will read this and not have to go through that.

Lamar - 2008 FZ6 Raven Black

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL. I did the same thing. But my observation/revelation came two years into ownership... I'm just slow.

It's a testament to the folks who put these things together if they can manage to integrate something as mundane as vent hoses in a way that we might fail to notice them with a casual glance.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same thing, and in talking about it on here found out that I was not the only one. I definitely freaked out, I thought I had busted a hose or something. What freaked me out the most was how I noticed it... a fluid on the ground and then this tube hanging down from underneath the bike. I ran and grabbed a neighbor who has a GXR and he diagnosed it as a fuel overflow tube. It made immediate sense because I had just topped 'er off. Whew. I also had only had the bike a few months. After a year and a half of owning the fizzer I am still discovering new things. There was a big part inside me that didn't want to mess with anything as I was new to bikes of this caliber to a certain extent, yet he is gradually being overtaken by a highly contagious mod bug that you will catch on this forum if you're not careful, that will make you want to take it apart and make it better :cheer:.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the warning!! I have had my bike since June, and haven't noticed the "broken tubes." First thing I will do when I get home??? FIND THEM!! :Flash: Thanks again for saving me from a freak out moment, which I am sure I would have also had sometime in the future!!! :thumbup:
Fellow Newbie:

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
mine always show the most after i use the center stand. then i always tuck them back away, then use the center stand and there they are again lol

FeiJi

Reaction score
Visit site
Couple hours later and I'm still laughing at myself. I just looked at some pics of my bike on I had on the phone and they were there the whole time. LoL!!!

Lamar

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL

awesome.

I found them one day the same way I had no idea they were there. But I immediately knew what they were there for.....they were bleeding excess fluids after I dropped the bike after a failed wheelie attempt.....

it was right after this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb1mtGYHmMM[/ame]

:p

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
LOL

awesome.

I found them one day the same way I had no idea they were there. But I immediately knew what they were there for.....they were bleeding excess fluids after I dropped the bike after a failed wheelie attempt.....

it was right after this:

YouTube - Motorcycle wheelie gone wrong :)

:p

:rof: Lone, I love it. That video is right up there with the one of you laying it down at the track.

I have much respect for you, not only do you push the limits of the FZ to improve your skills but you also record it and aren't ashamed to share it. You are the man :bow:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol, you guys are very kind.

im just having fun within recommended safety parameters. :p

next year should be a great year for taking the bike to the track though. finally graduate....

ill post TONS of crash vids then haha.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha, ha...I don't want to freak the OP out after his stressful day, but you do realize there are supposed to be THREE hoses hanging down there...right?

I don't know if you've raised the tank since you've had the bike, but if so, check to make sure the third hose isn't pulled up out of the small bracket guide located right behind the centerstand pivot. This is a common issue and one that gets overlooked all the time.

Make sure all three hoses are threaded down through this bracket so they aren't just hanging out there under the bike.

And don't feel bad about missing them...it happens to nearly everyone! :thumbup: