Off Topic but UK members wll understand

PlasticPig

Reaction score
Visit site
Having supported them for all my life I am chuffed to meatballs that my beloved Portsmouth FC beat Man U yesterday to get to the FA Cup semi final even though they wait until I have moved out of the country to do it.

Now just got to decide whether to get a flight back for the semi or trust that they will get to the final and get one then (can't afford 2 flights in just over a month).

Sorry that it is off topic but I had to tell someone!!

Rolly

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a Pompey fan OR Man U but blimey.....top result!!!!

Congrats mate!!

(Even better seeing Chelsea lose as well!!!!:D:D)

Rolly:D

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well done Portsmouth, great result :thumbup:. Not that I have any thing against the other United ;) Wonder what Buggerlugs will say about all this ?

adam6177

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a liverpool fan and love nothing more than seeing those dirty, cheating manc scumbags get a whipping!

did you see the ferguson interview after? what a complete ****! talk about sore loser....

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I reckon Arry's gona sort you out for the final.
I also reckon that it will be WBA there to. Get a ticket for the final. Then if you don't fancy it you can flog it to re-coup your travel expenditure lol.
On a serious note. I went to te first game played at the new Wembley. Bugger all has been done to solve the travel infustructure. A pie and a pint will cost you £8.00 ($14.00) at half time and a programme will set you back £8.00 to. Effing rip off, I have already been burgled this month lol.
The pitch cuts up after 10 minutes but the accustics are excellent.
Good luck

Neil

PS well done Pompy.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree about the Fergie comments. Well out of order, he is being investigated by the FA now.
I am a life long rugger fan and only wish that soccer had the same levels of respect and punishment for dissent.

adam6177

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree about the Fergie comments. Well out of order, he is being investigated by the FA now.
I am a life long rugger fan and only wish that soccer had the same levels of respect and punishment for dissent.

Wise words Perryn.....it seems that Ferguson and Wenger should wind their necks in and just get on with it.

I dont understand nor like Rugby - but have amazing admiration for the way the fans conduct themselves - even when sitting amongst eachother. Also for the way that generally the players behave also with amazing levels of sportsmanship!

Still....I could never be an egg chaser! :p

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wise words Perryn.....it seems that Ferguson and Wenger should wind their necks in and just get on with it.

I dont understand nor like Rugby - but have amazing admiration for the way the fans conduct themselves - even when sitting amongst eachother. Also for the way that generally the players behave also with amazing levels of sportsmanship!

Still....I could never be an egg chaser! :p
Just a simple rule change would benifit the game. In rugger only the captains can speak to the ref. If the ref deems that the players are being gobby then they lose 10 yards. The ref can also overturn penalty decisions in favour of the oppersition if the attacking team are gobby.
I have lots of admiration for Sir Alex and Arsen. I do feel though that they have reached the point where they beleive that they are bigger tha the game.
Take Brian Cluff for an example. Some would say he was the the greatest England manager to never get the job. He never disputed the refs decision and bollocked his players if they did.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I can see that my services may be required from time to time as unofficial Trans-Atlantic English Translator. :p

-Chuffed: no direct translation into one North American word. It's an expression of delight, combined with a smug sense of self-satisfaction. Used randomly in the British Army to indicate pleasure of any description. "Chuffed to F---" is the most common usage of the word within a phrase.

-Gobby: Translates to "mouthy".

-Rugger: What snotty nosed public schoolboys call Rugby. :Flip::D

HTH!!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very good stuff my trans - Atlantic translating friend.
All are correct apart from the Rugger conatations.
I went to a state school and never played soccer, Rugby isn't just for the posh but it is a game played by gentlemen.

Neil

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say the real winner this weekend was Football.
It's good for the game that the big guns (including my Arsenal) are out of the competition.
It brings back the oft talked about but rarely seen romance of the cup.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say the real winner this weekend was Football.
It's good for the game that the big guns (including my Arsenal) are out of the competition.
It brings back the oft talked about but rarely seen romance of the cup.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Totally agree with you there mate, the weekend got even better when Boro went out.
Imagine a Cardiff Barnsley final. I would pay to see that.

Neil

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I may have to disagree with you there.

"Harry Redknapps blue and white army"

The WBA ground is about 5mins away in the car, 2 mins on the bike. So it is my local team. I have never been you understand.

The semis are at New Wembley, well worth a trip I'd have thought.:thumbup: