....errrr November.....

Last edited:

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: October 2014 M.B.O.M. - voting enabled

October 2014 M.B.O.M. - FZ6-Forum Community Photo Gallery

zwV8yY7XcpaiHwTdVyFd-6uRzRBuTGzG1gwhaFoAYAEiEg4i5fOdDBoABb9yhtaD1CacWfxMQSdA6NQ-Y8ZX7Nif9iORBzMq-InrQmg83ZRARIA76gE6jyJNevuHSXfbR41P-uHy9nr9sH8ytItrigrHm-6IABGqed9gjLsaSFKyHdbL9HC1F5gvmpaWhy9XRWFYIMlN4zMzBRYI2ovMP1N8bQGymamI6Ft7d1D-glTfhRE7bXzqGlyB0n18pkMISxrBKTeOILk93_xABMs80z1sXcM3izoa37haxLMloA=w400-h327-nc

PS. Vote for Pedro!

Last edited:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site

I vote we change the name of this contest to landscape of the month.

I'v noticed a trend that the winner typically has the best photo of a landscape combined with a pretty bad/mediocre photo of an FZ6 that is often stock.

Better yet, we can do a landscape contest and an actually bike of the month contest.

For instance over on the forum for my car the photos submitted make the CAR the subject, not the background like we have been doing here.

Past and Present Winners of the ST of the Month competition

Last edited:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site

People are posting pictures of their bikes, some of which are stock. What they choose to have in front or behind them is up to them. Other people then pick the picture they like. If people like pictures of stock bikes on mountains, pictures of stock bikes on mountains get picked. If you think that only heavily modified, and almost unrecognisable bikes are the only bikes worthy of your viewing, feel free to Google some.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I enjoy seeing a beautiful bike amongst beautiful scenery, as most members do. No need to change the format of Bike of The Month. If the people vote for the pic, then they like it. It makes no difference if your bike is stock or modded.

My vote is in for this month - come on people and VOTE!

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm not arguing stock/modified.

What I'm saying is the photos should stress the bike and not the background as this is BIKE of the month not BACKGROUND of the month.

Half of these photos I can barely even make out the bike.

Hell... even the ADVrider forum does better than us at emphasizing the bike.

The ADVrider Front Page Photo Nomination Thread - Page 75 - ADVrider

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Seeing as most bikes in scenic locales are the outcome of a ride to somewhere or other, I think that's good, shots of folk at a track, honing their skills, I feel likewise.
Most of my entries in BOTM have zeroed in on the bike and I have tried to keep the background interesting, like with the power station a few months back and the old holden cars.
Something I've not seen and this is letting the cat out of the bag when it comes to my next entry (maybe), is a small detail, an almost abstract macro shot of say, the #*^!@ >*$,.... now thats got you guessing!

Anyway folks will vote for what they like, a beautiful image will garner support, whether that be scenic, bike centric, or one of a kid in oversize riding gear besides mum or dads bike.
Its all good.... Keep on voting and keep on entering- a big thanks to Bren for keeping this going

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site

Well it sounds like I'm out numbered. Blah

So just to clarify, is the only criteria for this contest that there's a bike in the photo? I was under the impression that the photo had to be about the bike.

On a side note, I know no one wants to change but... It would be sweet to have monthly themes for these if it's really not about the bike.

Your bike on the track, your bike in the mountains, your bike in a big city, your bike in black and white, etc.

Last edited:

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Well it sounds like I'm out numbered. Blah

So just to clarify, is the only criteria for this contest that there's a bike in the photo? I was under the impression that the photo had to be about the bike.

On a side note, I know no one wants to change but... It would be sweet to have monthly themes for these if it's really not about the bike.

Your bike on the track, your bike in the mountains, your bike in a big city, your bike in black and white, etc.

Yep, criteria is a bike in the photo, but it must be yours. Other rules:

Rules are:

1. No photoshopping please
2. This is a family friendly forum, keep it tasteful.
3. Must be an active member for at least 3 months, at least 50 posts OR premium or elite members or supporting.
4. It does not have to be an FZ6, but it does have to be your bike to qualify
5. One picture per member can be entered every month, unless you won the previous month. You must wait 2 months before entering again after winning.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site

eh... I guess I can't participate anymore.

I can't even upload photos from my camera without running them through Photoshop.

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site

There's some beautiful scenery here in TN, next time I'll go for a landscape/bike shot :)

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, things got interesting while I was gone....but our winner for October is Ohendo!! Congratulations on a really cool action shot....

ohendo_zps5cf0a770.jpg

Last edited: