nother new guy

yamahog

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, first time on the forum. The new-to me red 06 will be officially mine tomorrow morning. Test ride was a hoot, I'm more accustomed to cruisers, but i needed a reliable two up bike to help get the girlfriend into riding (the old bike, of course).
Picked her up for 3800 along with and extra windshield, matching helmet and jacket, not too shabby I think. I'm sure you will be hearing from me soon as she is all stock, and we just cant have that.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the forum! You'll have fun here! What's a 3800? This better not be like a that "Henway" joke... :tard:

Alabusa

Rollin' on the river
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Yamahog
Don't listen to these silly folks as they are just mad they didn't get the fastest, sexist color........BLACK

sent from Bama using tapatalk

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
....they are all just saying that cause the silver bikes are so fast that they don't even seem them speed by!

Welcome to the forum and I hope you love your new bike as much as we love ours!

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow 3rd shift does funny things to you, when i read "picked her up for 3800" i was thinking "your girlfriend?!?!" then i realized i'm just a pillock... anyways...

Gratz on the bike and welcome to the best M/C forum on the web!

yamahog

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the forum! You'll have fun here! What's a 3800? This better not be like a that "Henway" joke... :tard:

$3800...he wanted 4200 for it but i caught him as he was trying to head off to college...worked well for me.

Picked her up and signed the papers this morning! Had a nice ride up the canyon, plenty of power, rides awesome 2-up...I think I did good!

I would post a pic, but I'm having issues...:rockon:

p.s. I dig the red, but black woulda been nice too

yamahog

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, had her for a few days, few hundred miles...HOLY CRAP! I've been riding cruisers forever, never got into the sportbike scene...Damn this thing moves!

Need to make it louder, and get a better seat and grips.:rockon:

I need to do some research, I figure there has got to be some sort of exercise to aide me in gaining the self control required to maintain the speed limit on this little 600 cc beast!:eek:

I think it is going to make an excellent tourer as well, once I aquire an large tank bag and some saddle bags.

yamahog

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back from a 2-up trip over the mountains, bout 10,000 up or so...lots of twisties which are a blast on my old virago, kick in the ass on the FZ! tank bag gave us room for stuff, bike gave us an amazing way to get there!