Not A Shameless Plug For A Retailer, But

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
A mention of a great product at a reasonable price: (Please do not excommunicate me for mentioning this but)....If you have ever seen leaking fork seals caused by either dents, dings, or dried bugs that have turned into concrete like welding splatter on the bearing surface for the fork seals, you know this was damage caused uselessly. Some bikes have (accordian) boots and some have deflectors like our Fazors. Many have nothing at all. For those bikes, like my son's Ninja, I found some neoprene boots that velcro together, (therefore not necessitating a front fork removal for installation), and they may be trimmed with scissors for a perfect fit. They are available in colors, (I got black), and are washable. These aren't the big long suckers like dirt bikes require. They are part number 17232 NOJ Fork Guards Black and I got them from www.CaSport Touring.com They should work on the rear monoshock as well as the front forks, if so desired. Whatever. JMO Safe riding!

(I figured General Discussion was a better place for this than Mods?)

Last edited:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Now for a counter-plug.:D
Those neoprene boots may trap dirt in them and then scratch up your fork tube. A scratched fork tube leads to leaky seals.
I know the Ninja isn't a dirt bike, but keep an eye on those neoprene boots for dirt and crud.