North Georgia 1/2 day ride

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Anyone interested in riding Sunday morning till around lunch? I am going to meet BlueMOon around 20 and 400 Sunday morning, then we'll ride up to Delonogah and up 129 around Blood Mountain. Other suggestions are welcome as well.

BlueMoON

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup... supposed to be nice on Sunday and hopefully (some of) the pollen will be washed away by then...

ChevyFazer?? It's been a while.... would be nice to meet up ...
mikw73???

And I believe there are a few other rider in/around ATL who might want to come along.... more the merrier...

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I might try to meet yall at the dragon. Any idea if the land slide on it is cleaned up yet? Word was it supposed to be done by the end of today.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'll be able to or not, going turkey hunting sat, and if I make it back Sunday I'm supposed to go on a dual sport ride but I'm not sure yet, but random I think they are talking about 129 in ga maybe ga's dragon but not "the dragon"

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Yeah, 129 in Ga. I'd like to ride the dragon again, but that will have to wait. I was going to tell BlueMoon about another road I read about that was suppose to have recently repaved. It's called the Cherohala Skyway, Hwy 165 from Robinsonville on US129 to Telleco Plains. Maybe this summer we can all get together and ride up there - do the Cherohala Skyway and the Dragon. It'd be a long day, but a fun ride!!

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol oh, my bad :p

The Skyway is a gorgeous ride. Been on it multiple times. Pavement on the TN side was recently done a year ago I think, maybe a little longer. The KOA in Telico Plains is nice, and right at the end/beginning of the Skyway.

I live just north of Knoxville now, so a trip to that area is a simple thing for me. Let me know if anybody decides to ride out that way!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
There are wild turkey crawling all over ga, heck I live about 15 miles as the crow flys from Atlanta and there were 8 turkey in my neighbors yard one day

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Be careful Chevy, I've heard bad stories about turkeys going postal on hunters. My ex-father-in-law had one come after him one morning. Hope to see you up there Sunday, but I understand if you can't make it - you'll have to go next time though or BlueMoon and I will start developing a complex.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol I know it's been a while, I guess the last time we all rode was when you did the exhaust video? Well we're just getting into prime riding season so there will be plenty of opportunities, but I'll let y'all know if I'll be coming or not

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've pretty much already got plans to go riding with a couple of friends. We haven't nailed down a time frame, though, and there's a chance it may just fall through. I'll chime in I'd that happens. What time are you guys meeting?

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com

Blakester122

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to meet BlueMoon at the Huddle House in Cumming at Ga 20 and 400 at 9:00. We usually stop at Riders Hill (Riders Hill - Home of European Motorsports, Black Mountain Cycles, and Six Gap Cafe - Dahlonega, GA - Home) before heading out to ride the twisties. According to Google Maps, it's 31.4 miles and 41 minutes from Huddle House to Riders Hill.

Oh crap I misread I thought it was around 11. I'll try and make it I really want it ride. I'm heading to bed now for a basic power nap then I hope I make it!:BLAA:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Heading out now, gonna eat at Huddle House (Ga 20 and 400)then try to make it up to Riders Hill before, well you know... Should be there around 9:45ish. If you're gonna make it, shoot me a text at 678-296-4728 and I'll wait up for you. So far it's just me, BlueMoon isn't feeling well (get better soon dude).

I plan on riding the northern loop since I've never been on 2 of the 3 roads (180, 75, 348 (348 is Richard Russell, been on this one)) then riding down 129 around Blood Mountain a time or two (from 180 to the 129 - 19 split).