Mountain Meander and Tail of Dragon road-trip

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
For the long weekend, May25th(technically only saturday and maybe sunday), I'm planningn for a trip to The tail of dragon and Mountain Meander - Upper Slice of Route 28 starting from Charlotte.

My Plan:
1. Start on Saturday Morning from Charlotte, NC around 6 in the morning(approx 3hrs).
2. Take a food break(for me and my bike) at Franklin, NC, eat-well, relax for few mins, stretch those muscles and start the 21 mile Mountain Meander, towards Almond, NC.
3. head to the Tail of dragon, take a very short break, and start the 11-mile course and head back,...
TBD

If anyone wants to join me or improve the trip/itinerary with or without me, please go ahead and throw some suggestions. This is my first trip, So, I'll start reading some other journals and experiences by others.

Deal's Gap (AKA "The Dragon" or "Tail of the Dragon") | Tennessee Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

Mountain Meander - Upper Slice of Route 28 | North Carolina Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Be prepared to have a SLOW ride. Weekends are packed, much less a holiday weekend. If you get to drag a peg, you'll be lucky.

Head over to Cherohola highway(It's nearby), a VERY nice ride, much longer, some very high speeds if you want to, and NOT nearly the traffic as 129..

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Be prepared to have a SLOW ride. Weekends are packed, much less a holiday weekend. If you get to drag a peg, you'll be lucky.

Head over to Cherohola highway(It's nearby), a VERY nice ride, much longer, some very high speeds if you want to, and NOT nearly the traffic as 129..

Ya, I wasn't thinking straight, Its a long weekend and lot of traffic will be there.
Since, it is a one day ride for me, I'll save it for the regular week(If no one replies/join by end of this week).
May 30th, I planning to bag a track-day, South Carolina. Need to get new rear tire for the track. Just went through the track-day prep and I don't have a lot of stuff even for a novice rider.
Sure, will check out the place you've suggested.

https://www.sportbiketracktime.com/cmp-may-bundle

Last edited: