Nooooooo!!!!

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay so i successfully painted and pin striped my stock windshield. Today, i looked outside and the weather was nice so I wanted to pick up my camera and attach i to my handlebars like always. HOWEVER, i just realized that now i cant record anything because you can't see through the windshield. DAMN.. Now i have to figure out an inexpensive way to mount on the sides or front.

Any cool ideas, let me know..

Thanks

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks you guys... I think that RAM Mount is my best option right now. The next time it rains, i'll go into the garage or something and try to make a mount. If that doesnt work... I'm getting that RAM Mount..

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you mount the camera on the mirror using the existing mount?

Or you could just remove the screen when you want to video! :p 6 screws doesn't take long.

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you mount the camera on the mirror using the existing mount?

Or you could just remove the screen when you want to video! :p 6 screws doesn't take long.

OMG...YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT...HAHAHA

I've been beating myself up for nothing...The only downfall i can think of...

Say i get off my bike and wanna take a group picture of the bikes... Mine wouldn't have the windshield on and it'll look wierd.. lol.. Also, wind would be hitting me like crazy... but other than that.. if i'm just taking a quick ride and want to film it..BOOM..quick fix..

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
The blast is mainly at higher speeds without a screen or with a cut-down one. You may not have a problem. I think the bike looks pretty cool without a screen! :D Try it!

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks you guys... I think that RAM Mount is my best option right now. The next time it rains, i'll go into the garage or something and try to make a mount. If that doesnt work... I'm getting that RAM Mount..

Get the ram mount you will love it, high quality! Also like Sanger said said mounting it to your mirror will work that is where I have my ram mount attached for my gps, works great.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/17302-gps-ram-mount-my-mirror.html

you could also do what Sanger did and add this nifty bar, that would give you the lift you need to shoot over the screen.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/18278-my-new-ingenious-sat-nav-mount.html

PS .. best price on ram mount I found was Amazon

Last edited:

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, so I tried it without the windshield... It's better video quality but the sound is more intense. But then i got off the bike..and um.. i didnt like the way it looked without the windshield.. Maybe it's because i just recently painted the windshield... I also checked out the ram mount..about $45 shipped.. So i'f worst comes to worst.. I'll get it and mount it to the mirror...

I was checking out Youtube... There's some crazy footage of a bike that has it mounted to the side.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AI4kqIwjY4]YouTube - Sunset Ride - Side Camera View[/ame]