No more Fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. Been awhile since I have been on the forum. I regret to inform you that my Fizzer has been retired due to a mishap with a cager last month. The bike was totaled when a lady that said she did not see me pulled across the road in my way. I came out of it with a cracked rib and bruises. I hit her going about 40MPH. She was sited for failure to yield. I was taked to the ER. I feel lucky that it wasn't worse. Will be looking for a new ride after the rib heals up. WATCH OUT FOR THE OTHER DRIVERS! They are teying to kill you!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! Heal well and let us know what the Fizzer gets replaced with!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Heal up quick! I had 2 broken ribs twice this year so I know about the pain and recovery! Even if it's a cracked rib do really slow deep breathing.
Now for a new bike! :rockon:

Yamma~Tiger

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your accident. Get well soon man. I can't believe all she got was a citation. Thats stupid, You could have been more a lot more seriously injured.

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your comments. I have looking at an '09 R1, new on the showroom floor at the local Yamaha dealer. It is listed at $9,999. Yellow with few graphics that I will try to deal down some more. My neighbor has an '06 V Star 650 at $3K that looks pretty good, too. I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the buy out from the INS to get around in while I heal the ribs. I will take a little time to look around for my next bike. Getting a LOT of flack from family and freinds about not getting another bike, but that's to be expected! The INS, Progressive, for the other driver was not very helpful. They told me that I did not try hard enough to avoid the wreck. Needless to say that is when I closed the door to my office and blew my cool. So they have been slow to settle the medical part. I may have to engage a lawyer to get satisfaction.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
The INS, Progressive, for the other driver was not very helpful. They told me that I did not try hard enough to avoid the wreck.:eek: they really think you did it intentionally? BS. Needless to say that is when I closed the door to my office and blew my cool. So they have been slow to settle the medical part. I may have to engage a lawyer to get satisfaction.

Sorry about your accident.
I think you should get a lawyer, insurance companies will try and try again to reduce any payments or not pay at all.
And if you really didn't tried hard enough to avoid the wreck just so you can be in so much pain so you can get a newer bike, my advise is, nex time just sell the bike and get a new one, it's easier :BLAA::BLAA:
Hope you feel better soon.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+ 1 on the lawyer, the insurance company are professionals, that's what they do for a living, low ball you. Unless you're a pro in this field yourself, get a lawyer! Especially if you were injured. You could have lingering effects years down the road from now and there will be nothing you can do about it. Once again, you should not accept anything, get a lawyer.

As far as trying to avoid her, if you did that, and crashed on your own without any contact with her vehicle, the insurance on the crash is all on you. She has nothing to do with it. She literraly could just go drive away. Always a tough spot there, unless you are certain you can avoid contact, of course swerve. But if not, brace for impact! Let the $ start rolling in.

Heal up quick, Kudo's for you to get back onto the saddle again after something like this.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
+ 1 on the lawyer, the insurance company are professionals, that's what they do for a living, low ball you. Unless you're a pro in this field yourself, get a lawyer! Especially if you were injured. You could have lingering effects years down the road from now and there will be nothing you can do about it. Once again, you should not accept anything, get a lawyer.

As far as trying to avoid her, if you did that, and crashed on your own without any contact with her vehicle, the insurance on the crash is all on you. She has nothing to do with it. She literraly could just go drive away. Always a tough spot there, unless you are certain you can avoid contact, of course swerve. But if not, brace for impact! Let the $ start rolling in.

Heal up quick, Kudo's for you to get back onto the saddle again after something like this.

Very true. Last year, while riding my bicycle, an old guy turned left in front of me. He suddenly realized what he did and stopped right in front of me. If he kept going I might have been able to slip behind him. Anyway, I managed to swerve right and miss getting hit but ran right into a curb. I flipped over the bars and landed on my back.

The guy stopped, briefly, and then drove off. Someone in a gas station that was at the intersection took a photo of his car and sent it to me. The cop who took the report says they cannot do anything as we did not "make contact". I spoke with a lawyer, who looked into it for me, came to the same conclusion. So, I had to foot the bill for a new front wheel. Luckily I was not really hurt much at all.

Tim

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Did we see a post just a few months ago from another rider in Gulfport that was cut off by an RV?

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that Grumpy. Heal up quick man.

This type of accident scares me most. It hits even the most experienced riders and it seems like there is very little you can do. I have a friend who has been riding for 30+ years and she went down this way.

Thanks for posting, it's a good reminder to be on the lookout for people coming out of driveways.