No longer an FZ owner

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After more than 6 years and 50,000 miles, I sold my beloved FZ last night. This has been coming for several weeks as I recently leased an electric vehicle (Nissan Leaf) to take advantage of HOV lanes in California. Since I bought the FZ for exactly that - to take the HOV lane - I no longer have a need for the FZ. Parting was bittersweet. Glad to know that the bike is moving on to a cool guy who will love and take care of it, but sad that I'm without a bike that was so awesome to me.

I'm taking with me lots of good memories and lots of good hours with the FZ. It was the best bike I've ever owned by orders of magnitude.

For now, I have no bike. Taking a break. This is temporary, though. I estimate about 1-2 years before I get another bike. Thinking dual sport or supermoto...

Here it is, riding away with the new guy. Hopefully he'll get on the forum.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on the new Leaf Travis! Blah

:welcome: tbrent to our great family! :rockon:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm shocked honestly.....you loved that bike. Your daily ride to work you told me :(
I hope the Leaf works out for you

But you gotta do what's right for you and the family. And can we assume, you'll be sticking around?

And a huge :welcome: to tbrent! I'm sure you got a great, well maintained bike.

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That was quick! Welcome to the forum and to FZ ownership!

Really, 12 minutes between posts according to the timeline. That has to be some kind of record.

Yes :welcome: to the Best Forum around! :thumbup: For sure your cables are well lubricated. :rockon:

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
After more than 6 years and 50,000 miles, I sold my beloved FZ last night. This has been coming for several weeks as I recently leased an electric vehicle (Nissan Leaf) to take advantage of HOV lanes in California. Since I bought the FZ for exactly that - to take the HOV lane - I no longer have a need for the FZ. Parting was bittersweet. Glad to know that the bike is moving on to a cool guy who will love and take care of it, but sad that I'm without a bike that was so awesome to me.

I'm taking with me lots of good memories and lots of good hours with the FZ. It was the best bike I've ever owned by orders of magnitude.

For now, I have no bike. Taking a break. This is temporary, though. I estimate about 1-2 years before I get another bike. Thinking dual sport or supermoto...

Here it is, riding away with the new guy. Hopefully he'll get on the forum.
I sold mine a couple months ago, FZs are great bikes. Very easy to maintain.. It feels so much better to know that some is going to enjoy the bike after you sell it.... Like the others say, I hope you stick around too. Im changing my Hondas mirror for a FZ6 mirror so I still feel part of the team.. FZ team. lol
JON

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm shocked honestly.....you loved that bike. Your daily ride to work you told me :(
I hope the Leaf works out for you

But you gotta do what's right for you and the family. And can we assume, you'll be sticking around?

I know! The FZ was my baby and I seriously thought I'd ride it until it died. But I needed a new car and was tiring of commuting on the bike, so we condensed my old car and the FZ into one vehicle for me. Looking for some simplicity in my life. Like I said, it shouldn't be very long before I have a supermoto or enduro to have fun with. Just done with bike commuting for now.

Yes, of course I'll stick around!! I love you guys! :hug:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
New owner reporting in! Excited to be here. Hi everyone

Hey it's customary to post a picture of your new bike otherwise you will have some wanker saying no pics didn't happen. Well I did you a favor, here's your bike with Travis sitting and riding your bike.

P1010058-1.jpg

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After more than 6 years and 50,000 miles, I sold my beloved FZ last night.

:( Sorry fella'! Wish you could of found a way to keep it. We all know how much you loved your bike.

New owner reporting in! Excited to be here. Hi everyone

Welcome! Enjoy your sweet new ride & take good care of that bike! :thumbup:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Bill and Kenny! It has been a lot of fun owning the FZ and you're right - I loved that bike. I thought about upgrading or replacing it several times while I owned it but could never find another bike that would do everything like the FZ. There is a long long list of reasons this was perfect for me for the time I owned it. Just can't see myself putting in the miles I used to now that I am not commuting on it.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought that they were eliminating Hybrid or Electric vehicles from using the HOV lanes since it's getting overcrowded.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought that they were eliminating Hybrid or Electric vehicles from using the HOV lanes since it's getting overcrowded.

The program is still going on, and the HOV stickers are good until 2019. California reserves the right to stop the program at any time, but so far hasn't yet. They have done one round of stickers that they have eliminated - originally all hybrids could get them, but that program has ended. Now it's only full electric and certain plug-in hybrids allowed. And yes it is getting crowded. You'd be shocked at how many people in Silicon Valley can afford Teslas. They're everywhere.