No Helmet

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whatever the legal or religious argument. If you don't wear a helmet you're a knob.

A bloke rode past our house on Saturday on a Ninja. He was wearing a t shirt, shorts and trainers (and a helmet). What a knobber:Im With Stupid:

He is not a Knobber...he is nuts...it`s bloody winter for christs sake.

steve

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey that's it Nelly, from now on they should use kevlar (fabric) turbans ;)

On a more serious note I do not discriminate against any religion and definately not against the sikh community, I simply find it strange that the law makes an exception when it comes to safety.
I used to work in the RAF and blue turbans were (and still are) an accepted (and respected) form of uniform head dress, I totally agree with this, and I see this as an acceptable way to accomodate someones religious beliefs, but I see this differently when it comes to safety.
Not suggesting for a minute that you are discriminating (having meet you I know this is correct).
I think that it illustrates that there is never a black and white solution to a problem.

There is a case in the ROI at the moment where a Sikh Garda officer is trying to change uniform law so that he can wear his turban.

Nelly

DecepticonDon

Reaction score
Visit site
I personally think that the exemption with regard to helmet law was one of the few times the UK got racial equality right.
Nelly

WTF?
Law is Law. Remember about justice being BLIND?
Equal what? certainly not justice. You must wear a helmet, but because these people are special they don't have to. BS. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.