Nitro X Fuel Commander Mod?

W

wrightme43

You would be better off to take that money and set it on fire. It will save you the trouble of installing this product, then paying for all the gas it wastes, and the problems it causes, then removing it.

Or as a better way to do it. Spend the money on two good books on performance riding, or stainless brake lines, or upgrade brake pads.

The ability to slow effectively, and turn effectively will add more speed than more power.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
You would be better off to take that money and set it on fire. It will save you the trouble of installing this product, then paying for all the gas it wastes, and the problems it causes, then removing it.

I want to improve just the low Rpm torque. I don`t want more power.
As i read in the forum, Power Commander improves low end torque.
Do you think the same thing for Power Commander?

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Do a -1 up front and +2 in the back sprocket. That'll improve your low end grunt.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Wrightme43.
How you ride will be the best investment you could ever make. I've put a chunk of change in my bike and it goes good but I was more concerned with longevity of the motor (air to fuel ratios) with the mods I did than actually gaining power. The bike has always been more than enough to get me in trouble.
It sucks but making just a few horse power costs a lot of money.
If you just change exhaust, even though the computer can compensate you get the Power Commander then you get the K&N air filter. Then when you put the K&N in you say to your self....That little hole can't breath right! So you make the air box modification. You know you're not done!
Now I was blessed with a great brother who knows how I love to ride. We were at a place that does car audio and next door I hear that God awful sound of a bike on a dyno. He knows since we were little. I start jumping up and down and running around...( no really, I love bikes!) and go over to see this Busa getting set up.
I couldn't afford it but my loving brother asked are you sure this makes a difference? I start sounding like that cartoon dog "Pluto" Yup! Yup! Yup! Uhuh!? Uhuh!?
You guessed it. He got me set up.

None of this makes a lick of sense if I don't invest in my riding skills. I need to constantly improve and I never feel I ride to mine or the bike's capability. I've invested in decent riding gear and want come home to my family safe and to ride another day.

What makes YOU! happy is very important.

Have Fun!

W

wrightme43

Totally understand, what this thing does is trick the bike into thinking its cold so it runs very rich. Not what you want.

etdavenport

Reaction score
Visit site
It works....I figured what the heck, Ill try it. $40 and an old bike. Nothing to lose. Install was simple as it gets, gas mileage went from 48mpg to 42mpg. and it defiantly gets there faster. No idea what it did to top end, but you can feel it in the throttle. like having more peddle in a car. Trick is just finding the right preset. i ended up going at [3 on 1,2,4 off]

who knows. The bike could blow up tomorrow! lol. but it has worked so far.

Noticed a major increase when using 101 gas.:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
Do a -1 up front and +2 in the back sprocket. That'll improve your low end grunt.

sorry this does not improve the low end grunt
it is not a power modification at all

ppl get this wrong all the time

it is a GEARING CHANGE

it moves the power at any given rpm to a lower road speed not engine speed

now back to this POS mod
put the bike on a dyno before and after the mod i doubt u would have gained any power, these units just add more fuel byt tricking the intake temp sensor that it is cold ( hence denser air = more fuel can be injected )
you have dropped 6mpg which is a fair bit
most guys who put on a pc3 there mpg stays the same while power increases

how u ask? easy factory the bike is set rich
rich is safe and most guys throw a zorst and filter on the bike
leaning it up a bit if the bike was set lean from facotry and then u did the mods and it leans up more this is bad lean engines = holes in pistons

a pc3 is then tuned on a dyno with an oxy sensor to detect how much fuel is going in and then the pc3 is adjust untill the optimum ratio is made
allowing for more power somtimes more fuel is added sometimes it is taken out

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
It works....I figured what the heck, Ill try it. $40 and an old bike. Nothing to lose. Install was simple as it gets, gas mileage went from 48mpg to 42mpg. and it defiantly gets there faster. No idea what it did to top end, but you can feel it in the throttle. like having more peddle in a car. Trick is just finding the right preset. i ended up going at [3 on 1,2,4 off]

who knows. The bike could blow up tomorrow! lol. but it has worked so far.

Noticed a major increase when using 101 gas.:cheer::cheer::cheer:

I know this is an old ass thread but has anyone else used one of these things and if so how did it work out for you? I saw it on ebay too and its very tempting at like 1/8th the price of a dyno power commander