Nilox or GoPro?

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been toying with the idea of buying a camera for a while now but despite having some gift vouchers on Amazon.co.uk I can't find anyone who will ship to South Africa.

I'm watching the SBK races at Donington and I saw the Nilox billboards alongside the track, I have found a couple of vendors who will ship here, does anyone have any experience with the Nilox cameras? Which one is best? Avoid at all costs?

I have been toying with the idea of buying a camera for a while now but despite having some gift vouchers on Amazon.co.uk I can't find anyone who will ship to South Africa.

I'm watching the SBK races at Donington and I saw the Nilox billboards alongside the track, I have found a couple of vendors who will ship here, does anyone have any experience with the Nilox cameras? Which one is best? Avoid at all costs?

Hope this/similar search helps you in deciding one.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Nil...me&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=nilox+vs+gopro+hero+2

If you need for night time too, go for Sony AS100V, but do not go for AZ1VR at any cost.

Well I got round the delivery problem, a friend is going to Germany next week so I will have the GoPro delivered to his hotel.

I would appreciate some advice on mounting it on on the bike... I have a light smoke Puig screen so I'm not sure if a bar mount is the best idea.

Well I got round the delivery problem, a friend is going to Germany next week so I will have the GoPro delivered to his hotel.

I would appreciate some advice on mounting it on the bike... I have a light smoke Puig screen so I'm not sure if a bar mount is the best idea.

I use bar mount, because the Sony az1vr doesn't have any option for an external mic, and the wind is too noisy/buffetting for helmet mounts.
If you choose any other camera and want to be able to V-logging, helmet mount and external mic should be enough.
If no need of your voice to me in the audio, I feel bar mount is the best place as you can charge while you go, using the USB charger, It can cut a fair amount of noise even without external mic.

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO6SYgxfScI of a bar mount, since mine is clear, I don't have any issues, light smoke shouldn't be any problem. Try taking a video and compare yourself.

Again,
underwater-GoPro
Night time-Sony AS100V
Sound- Sony
Day-time superior quality-GoPro, Pretty good quality- Sony AS100V

Both have the option of external monitoring/controlling system.
Sony has in-app control capability(iOS or Android), not sure about GoPro.

It's all new to me, I got the Amazon vouchers from my company as an incentive, so I will try the GoPro and hope for the best. I ordered a suction mount and a set of camera tethers so hopefully I won't lose it!

I bar-mounted mine, but removed the windshield (and actually left it off the rest of the summer). Haven't video'd since. :rolleyes:

Another option is to mount it closer to the ground, facing forward so the front wheel is in the pic; some of those videos are pretty cool to watch. :rockon:

I bar-mounted mine, but removed the windshield (and actually left it off the rest of the summer). Haven't video'd since. :rolleyes:

Another option is to mount it closer to the ground, facing forward so the front wheel is in the pic; some of those videos are pretty cool to watch. :rockon:

Clamping it on the fork leg close to the axle sounds like a good idea....

Back