Nilox or GoPro?

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been toying with the idea of buying a camera for a while now but despite having some gift vouchers on Amazon.co.uk I can't find anyone who will ship to South Africa.

I'm watching the SBK races at Donington and I saw the Nilox billboards alongside the track, I have found a couple of vendors who will ship here, does anyone have any experience with the Nilox cameras? Which one is best? Avoid at all costs?

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been toying with the idea of buying a camera for a while now but despite having some gift vouchers on Amazon.co.uk I can't find anyone who will ship to South Africa.

I'm watching the SBK races at Donington and I saw the Nilox billboards alongside the track, I have found a couple of vendors who will ship here, does anyone have any experience with the Nilox cameras? Which one is best? Avoid at all costs?

Hope this/similar search helps you in deciding one.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Nil...me&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=nilox+vs+gopro+hero+2

If you need for night time too, go for Sony AS100V, but do not go for AZ1VR at any cost.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got round the delivery problem, a friend is going to Germany next week so I will have the GoPro delivered to his hotel.

I would appreciate some advice on mounting it on on the bike... I have a light smoke Puig screen so I'm not sure if a bar mount is the best idea.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got round the delivery problem, a friend is going to Germany next week so I will have the GoPro delivered to his hotel.

I would appreciate some advice on mounting it on the bike... I have a light smoke Puig screen so I'm not sure if a bar mount is the best idea.

I use bar mount, because the Sony az1vr doesn't have any option for an external mic, and the wind is too noisy/buffetting for helmet mounts.
If you choose any other camera and want to be able to V-logging, helmet mount and external mic should be enough.
If no need of your voice to me in the audio, I feel bar mount is the best place as you can charge while you go, using the USB charger, It can cut a fair amount of noise even without external mic.

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO6SYgxfScI of a bar mount, since mine is clear, I don't have any issues, light smoke shouldn't be any problem. Try taking a video and compare yourself.

Again,
underwater-GoPro
Night time-Sony AS100V
Sound- Sony
Day-time superior quality-GoPro, Pretty good quality- Sony AS100V

Both have the option of external monitoring/controlling system.
Sony has in-app control capability(iOS or Android), not sure about GoPro.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's all new to me, I got the Amazon vouchers from my company as an incentive, so I will try the GoPro and hope for the best. I ordered a suction mount and a set of camera tethers so hopefully I won't lose it!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bar-mounted mine, but removed the windshield (and actually left it off the rest of the summer). Haven't video'd since. :rolleyes:

Another option is to mount it closer to the ground, facing forward so the front wheel is in the pic; some of those videos are pretty cool to watch. :rockon:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bar-mounted mine, but removed the windshield (and actually left it off the rest of the summer). Haven't video'd since. :rolleyes:

Another option is to mount it closer to the ground, facing forward so the front wheel is in the pic; some of those videos are pretty cool to watch. :rockon:

Clamping it on the fork leg close to the axle sounds like a good idea....