NFS Pro Street

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been playing computer games for as long as they have been around. Such great games as Wolfstein 3D , Doom and Quake to name but a few. I quite like first person shoot ‘em ups and driving games. On the PC I really like the games from EA called Need For Speed. So I have been waiting for them to release the latest version Pro-Street.

I pre-ordered it sometime ago. It duly arrived, well done Amazon, on the release day. Of course EA have made a right mess of it. The cars handling model is nasty, it reminds me of some arcade games , the car sits in the middle of the screen and the world moves around it , and the steering inputs are dead and very delayed. Even worse than that is the fact you cannot drive around (free roam) you have to compete in events all the time. The free roam feature was simply inspired. Why have they done this,

I understand things change and move on, I am all for the new, but you should build on the good things not get rid of them.

Oh hum.

Sorry that NFS turned out bad.
Black and Carbon was good.
Gran Turismo 4 is cool.
Tourist Trophy is pretty dang fun.

PS3 and Gran Turismo 5 should rock.

Ever since I first got Motor City Online I really haven't been able to find a good racing game that I really like. But good ole EA had too many people begging for the ricer cars and so they killed it for their NFS:Underground series. Total crap controls, not tuneable enough, and worst of all, uses nothing that I consider to be a competative vehicle. But that's enough of my rant. I just wish that someone would make a server emulator for MCO so that I could play that again.... *sigh* /rant

Khyren

If you are Xbox inclined there are several great racing games available. The most obvious are Forza 1 and 2, but there were several others of note. In no particular order: Dirt, TOCA Race Driver 2 or 3, Rallisport Challenge 2, Colin McRae 2005, etc.

One freeware PC game I have played for years is called GeneRally. It's a simple DOS, top-down view race game, sort of like the old Super Sprint in the arcades. However, there is a tremendous community that supports this game with tracks, cars, etc. Check it out for a trip back to the good old days...

Last edited:
If you are Xbox inclined...

I am not really a Microsoft fan. I do have an MCSE to my credit but I can not bring myself to buy an Xbox.

People like different things for sure. I am not saying NFS is perfect but if they are going to alter the premise; street racing, free roam, then they should give it a new title.

Back