Next mods...

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well.. im just kinda thinking aloud about what i want to do next... i have a few ideas of things i want, but just trying to make some order...

so far i have...

Two brothers Exhaust
Two brothers Juice box
-1 front sprocket
K & N air filter (with airbox mod)
Belly pan
FE Kit
Signals
Rizoma grips and bar ends
rim stripe
ASV levers
Frame sliders
New horn
headlight mod
painted windscreen
painted passenger pegs

Things i WANT to do soon...

Powder coat triple clamp and rear sets (quoted $100)
Clip ons (hopefully i can ebay for $40 or so) (other set seller was gracious enough to cancel, otherwise i was stuck payin an arm and a leg, at my own fault)
New Mirrors ($30)

Things im kinda thinking about but no money for (as if i had money for any of it)
also not sure how realistic they are for the price..

R6 Forks.. for the price do they really help out? 6' tall 270 lbs
New seat (corbin... ) again, for $400 is it worth it?
brake lines.. (again.. worth it?)

Im not tryin to brake the bank.. the exhaust and ASV's were kinda the last of big spending for awhile...

What do you all suggest? an cheap mods i can do to hold me over?

DSC06165.jpg

edit... stuff in red are things i ALREADY have done hehe

Last edited:
Do the brake lines...great mod, much better feel at the lever, and definitely an improvement in brake performance...plus, they look cool too!

:thumbup:

im wanting em, but the price is a little high, i can get everything powdercoated for less... not that PC is more important... but im not gonna race.. its mainly a daily driver... so im about 60% looks 40% tuning

I'd say

Stainless steel brake lines
R6 forks OR Heavier race-tech springs, oil, and valve emulators.
It'll probably run you the same for either, but with the R6 forks you still have relatively light springs. I'm a big guy like you and I know how useless the stock springs are.

Headlight mod definately. Get one of biker dude's harnesses and it's easy and makes such a big difference.
After then I'd go with Wolfmans recommendation of brake lines (much improved) and adjustable levers (Pazzos on mine) which make gear shifts much smoother (apart from 1st which always goes kerrrclunk!)

Pictures on my blog

Happy modding :thumbup:

Nice lookin' bike there! Black is of course the fastest colour. These wannabes with their "faster" red and blues don't know what they're talking about! :thumbup:

I'm afraid it's another break the bank mod, but a TCP seat cowl would go well on your bike. They're like £230 though and come from Holland. Not sure how much in the US. Removing the passenger pegs makes quite a difference and for us lucky guys with the 07+ bikes they're very quick to put back on when needed!

Your dark exhausts look great on the bike. I can't wait till I get mine coated black to match (when I got the cash spare anyway).

Hope you've done the BD43 headlight mod to get them both on at the same time.

Headlight mod definately. Get one of biker dude's harnesses and it's easy and makes such a big difference.
After then I'd go with Wolfmans recommendation of brake lines (much improved) and adjustable levers (Pazzos on mine) which make gear shifts much smoother (apart from 1st which always goes kerrrclunk!)

Pictures on my blog

Happy modding :thumbup:
got the headlight mod and ASV levers already

Nice lookin' bike there! Black is of course the fastest colour. These wannabes with their "faster" red and blues don't know what they're talking about! :thumbup:

I'm afraid it's another break the bank mod, but a TCP seat cowl would go well on your bike. They're like £230 though and come from Holland. Not sure how much in the US. Removing the passenger pegs makes quite a difference and for us lucky guys with the 07+ bikes they're very quick to put back on when needed!

Your dark exhausts look great on the bike. I can't wait till I get mine coated black to match (when I got the cash spare anyway).

Hope you've done the BD43 headlight mod to get them both on at the same time.
i actually had the TCP cowl for a week and sent it back, it didnt look right and took about 20 min to get on and off :( why does it look so well on everyone elses but mine?

Back