Next Generation FZ6

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
I was surfing the web when i ran across this picture along with a full article on how yamaha has leaked rumors of updating the FZ6 soon....the rumor has it that it will have the 2006 R6 engine tuned with more midrange.....I want one NOW!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i like it, too bad they are (Allegedly) getting rid of the undertail exhaust, but it is a very nice, sleek looking design.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I think this is a photo shop job. It's been posted before on the "other" FZ6 forum. I highly doubt this came from Yamaha... just someone's over active (with a lot of time on their hands) imagination. Thank GOD, the thing is a "Homer". It's hideous.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad I got the '08. if it didn't have the undertail exhaust when I got it......I would have never met any of you!

H

HavBlue

I was surfing the web when i ran across this picture along with a full article on how yamaha has leaked rumors of updating the FZ6 soon....the rumor has it that it will have the 2006 R6 engine tuned with more midrange.....I want one NOW!

This picture has been around for a while and I seem to remember seeing it first when we were all waiting to see what Yamaha was doing for the 2007 FZ6 model. At the time owners were chomping at the bit because Yamaha was holding back on the release and press of the new and questionably improved 07 models. I wouldn't expect to see any huge improvements or changes until the 2010 or 2011 models.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
I like it, fake or not. It would appeal to me and I think it would be a great improvement on our bike. But that's just my opinion...

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6/1 :D

992d1194114134-what-would-you-change-fz6-newfs6.jpg

Gemini77

Reaction score
Visit site
The undertail exhaust was one of the BEST designs that Yamaha made, it would be a big loss if they got rid of it, its part of what makes the FZ6 so popular!!! :Sport:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I too like the undertail exhaust and the one piece seat. The one piece seat suggests it is a touring bike as well.

Steve

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
The undertail exhaust was one of the BEST designs that Yamaha made, it would be a big loss if they got rid of it, its part of what makes the FZ6 so popular!!! :Sport:

I love the undertail exhaust also...just not the price of aftermarket for it. If it was a single can i could get exhaust for $350 instead of $500....:thumbup:

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site

It looks greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaat.

Two comments though. Look at the chain angle, what's going on there, and two is this the inspiration????

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope. Wouldn't choose it over the current FZ6 design. Looks like an R6 with high handle bars. Hate the can on the side. Like the split seat though, but less appealing for two-up rides.