• Yes

Votes: 32 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
That Ducati 848 just oozes sex appeal! From a standpoint of beauty, I'd say "go for it". From a practical standpoint however, I'm a bit more reserved.

I've ridden a co-workers supersport type bike and I honestly couldn't wait to get off of it. I guess I've grown accustomed to the more upright seating position of the FZ6 and don't like being forced to hunker down over the tank.

So in summary, my heart says "Yes" to a Duc 848 while my body says "No".

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and order one of these.

NEW-2011-DUCATI-848-EVO-STEALTH-PERFORMANCE-UPGRADE-2-500x375.jpg

Good idea or just plain silly? Discuss.

Not silly at all.

Annoys me Ducati have stopped making it in white. IMO the most stunning bike around is the 848 in white :thumbup:

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd buy it to look at it, not to ride it. I sat on one last week and it was very uncomfortable...major balls on tank. I am 6'5" so it does happen on almost every bike I sit on. But if you want to spend a little more, look at the ducati streetfighter. That thing is dead sexy and it fit me perfectly...to bad I refuse to pay 15k for a bike.

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
I voted no ;P Hypermotard or streetfighter !! Or the new BMW S1000R - the new benchmark in speeeeeed ;P

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
'tis funny you say that.The XJR is up near the top of my 'next bike' list :thumbup:

Seriously mate , get one (not my money) :D I love mine , really really love mine :thumbup: she'll cruise comfy as all day & turn real nasty in the twisties when I want her to & the grunt is :drool: :drool: :drool:

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
YES X 1,000,000

A Duc dealership just opened up a mile from my home this summer. First time I walked in, there was the 848 Dark, which I didn't even know they made (thought just red and white.) I nearly crapped my pants. Pure unadulterated sexiness to the Nth degree. I'm no expert, and there may be better bikes out there (mechanically or practically.) But NOTHING looks as good as that bike.

GET ONE!!! Dark FTMFW!

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
YES X 1,000,000

A Duc dealership just opened up a mile from my home this summer. First time I walked in, there was the 848 Dark, which I didn't even know they made (thought just red and white.) I nearly crapped my pants. Pure unadulterated sexiness to the Nth degree. I'm no expert, and there may be better bikes out there (mechanically or practically.) But NOTHING looks as good as that bike.

GET ONE!!! Dark FTMFW!

We've had the 'Dark 'range of Ducati's for years over here.Strange that it usually meant bargain basement spec,which was reflected in the price.
The 848 Dark however differs only in the matt paint finish.The running gear etc is identical,yet its about a grand cheaper than a shiny one...