• Yes

Votes: 32 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I think I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and order one of these.

NEW-2011-DUCATI-848-EVO-STEALTH-PERFORMANCE-UPGRADE-2-500x375.jpg

Good idea or just plain silly? Discuss.

Taku

Not a senile member.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the same boat with you!:D

I've been looking for a used 848 for a while now. Hopefully getting one during the winter.

I say go for it!

But if you do make sure you have a camera ready.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's SO easy to spend someone else's money! Go for it!

I guess I missed something, has something happened to your Yamaha?

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
:drool::drool::drool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvNiwHHG1v8]YouTube - Ducati - The Story (trailer ENG)[/ame]

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
It's SO easy to spend someone else's money! Go for it!

I guess I missed something, has something happened to your Yamaha?

Yeah, some b*stard stole it from my office. I've just had shoulder surgery last week so I have a bit of time before I can ride again anyway so I figure I should order up one of these to arrive just in time for me to get back on the bike.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My next door neighbor has one (not the EVO.. regular 2010 848).
I've ridden his bike for a bit. By far the most uncomfortable bike I've ever ridden. If this was my only bike and I rode it only on the street, I'm pretty sure I'd give up riding. That's just me though.. lots of people ride supersport bikes on the street and love it.
Exhaust sound is the best of any bike I've ever ridden, but when it's idling cold it sounds like it's about to die. Torque is OK (it's peaky, like FZ6). It's very very light. Front brake is roughly twice as strong as FZ6's. Rear brake lever is oddly positioned and is very easy to miss entirely, though I'm sure once you get used to it it's not an issue.
Here's a fun part.. dealer charges $250 for oil change! Now.. you're welcome to do your own oil change, which isn't very hard (8 bolts to pull left side of fairing and then it's the same as any other bike.. except there's also a screen filter in addition to regular spin-on filter), BUT the service light will still go on and the tool to reset service light sells for $200 (it does give you full CPU interaction via laptop).

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
What he's saying is, "if you want a pure sportbike go for it, but the ownership experience is going to be RADICALLY different from your oil-it-and-forget-it FZ6."

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I think they are a lot easier to get serviced in the UK. Any European car/bike is horribly expensive to get worked on in the US. It's exactly the opposite over here. US cars are expensive to get repaired while European models are much more reasonable, in my experience. I used to own a Porsche and it was as much as anything else for a service.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I voted YES!!!

If your riding consists of short twisty rides (or the track), that bike will make you VERY HAPPY!!! I rode the 848 and it's an amazing carving machine.... as others have said though, it is VERY uncomfortable for anything over 30minutes, and I am young and fit! Even my GSXR or Cali Rider's Kawi felt like a Gold Wing in comparison!

So it really depends on what you'll use the bike for and your budget (you may want to look at the price of replacement plastic parts... or aftermarket parts... in the US it's very scary!!!)

Last edited:

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
I think they are a lot easier to get serviced in the UK. Any European car/bike is horribly expensive to get worked on in the US. It's exactly the opposite over here. US cars are expensive to get repaired while European models are much more reasonable, in my experience. I used to own a Porsche and it was as much as anything else for a service.

I guess what I'm saying is that:

1. You can work on the FZ yourself Much easier than the Duck
2. Whether you do it yourself or pay someone to do it, work will happen more often on the Duck, and
3. At the very least the parts for said work will cost a bit more than yamaha stuff.

So as long as you're realistic about what you want a bike to do (and not to do), then fire away. I'd kill to borrow someone's for about 30 minutes. But then I want to give it back.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Drop dead sexy bike,but seeing as I'm not a fan of faired bikes and I'm spending your money ;) I'd have to go for a 796 Hypermotard

1duc1016.jpg

The 1100 is too bulky and I would be too embarrassed to ride a Monster.
(then again I could tell a tale or two about that)......:D

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Most definately you should ,the 848 is the sexiest of all the Duc a ti's :drool: :drool: While you in the mood for coughing up some coin you can buy me one to PLEASE !!!!!!!! :D

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
Being a Ducati owner my self I can say YES a great big giant capital bold typed YES. I have riden a 2010 848 on the street and on track they are the best Superbike that Ducati has put out for both. Now make no mistake it's not the most comfortable bike but hey it's a superbike not a goldwing. if you do get one go to the track on it you will never look back

PS make sure you put the Termi silpon's on it with the race ECU you will thank me later!

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say either one of these IMO...But if you like the 848, get it!!!