New Vortex Sprockets 15T 48T 530

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
For sale I have two Vortex sprockets, brand new never used
Front sprocket 15T(-1) nickel plated steel 530 pitch
Rear sprocket 48T(+2) CAT5 aluminum red 530 pitch
I am selling these because I want to do a 520 conversion.

$80 + shipping for both. I payed a little over $100

sprox.jpg

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
You can't return them?

I bought them over 3 months ago from two separate websites, neither of which I want to buy new products from(not an issue with the websites)
I just don't want to go through the hassle of trying to return them.

fzwing

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Quick question on this conversion

My understanding is the stock chain is a 530 and I dont care so much about the extra weight. Will these sprockets work with the stock chain or would I need to purchase a new chain because of the differnt $# of teeth.

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site

My understanding is the stock chain is a 530 and I dont care so much about the extra weight. Will these sprockets work with the stock chain or would I need to purchase a new chain because of the differnt $# of teeth.

It will work with the same chain.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site

It'll work with the stock chain, which is 530.
A few people on the forum have said the stock chain works well for -1/+2, which is what these sprockets are.

My intention was to use these with my stock chain, but since my chain is so old I want to buy another one, but I figured if I'm buying a chain I might as well do a 520 conversion.

someone08

Reaction score
Visit site
the 520 chain is sooooooo much lighter, but they arent as strong as the 530. im not saying that the 520 isnt strong enough, im saying it isnt as strong.

fzwing

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome........ I've been meaning to do this mod.... you just gave me the inspiration I needed :rockon:

H20Boy.. can you please us know how this mod works out for you. I'd be interested to know about the install & how you like the change in gearing.

h2o_boy

Reaction score
Visit site
H20Boy.. can you please us know how this mod works out for you. I'd be interested to know about the install & how you like the change in gearing.

Well, you can wait for these to get to me in the mail, install it, drive it enough to form an opinion and then write about it here....

OR... you can type "Sprocket" into the search function and read a whole lot of opinions about it right now...... :thumbup: