New tunes that kick A$$.

YamaSpeed

Dartmouth Ambassador
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody heard the new alice in chains album?.... Mother of pearl.... I like it. So glad they are back.

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
As much as I am a huge fan of alice in chains. I think this new album lacks their essence. Whether it's the fact that Layne isn't around anymore I don't know, but this album has too much Jerry influence and only goes back to their darker days on a couple of tracks, it definitely tails off towards the end. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad album, I'm just a little disappointed.

I think the new singer does an admirable job, but too much Jerry and not enough "spark". :rockon:

YamaSpeed

Dartmouth Ambassador
Reaction score
Visit site
As much as I am a huge fan of alice in chains. I think this new album lacks their essence. Whether it's the fact that Layne isn't around anymore I don't know, but this album has too much Jerry influence and only goes back to their darker days on a couple of tracks, it definitely tails off towards the end. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad album, I'm just a little disappointed.

I think the new singer does an admirable job, but too much Jerry and not enough "spark". :rockon:

I was thinking the same thing but I have listened to it 4 times now and it is growing on me. I am just glad they are writing again. I think that the William Duvall's best is yet to come. At least I hope so.

Z

zig

You guys should check out the article in Guitar World. Jerry got the cover this month.

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of new music whats the deal with Sublime getting a new lead singer and starting back up. They are on the playbill listed as a special guest for the Cypress Hill Smokeout 2009 Festival. I am not sure how i feel about this. i feel like it will be another Long Beach Dub Allstars which was good but it was never as good as Sublime.

Joshua Redman

Reaction score
Visit site
I loved AiC earlier, a friend told me that the album is actually good. I'm going to give it a try for old times sake ;)

If it really has Jerry influence as moopie said, I guess I'll like it.. I love their dark stuff like "Love, hate, love" or so.. Definitely my favorite song