New to the forum...

pharmer

Reaction score
Visit site
...and very impressed so far! There are some unbelievable resources here.

A few weeks back I picked up a 2006 FZ-6 on a very partial trade for an old sports car I was selling. The ride home was all it took...I am hooked!

My 2006 FZ-6 is the dark purple/blue metallic color and has about 1300 miles. It fell off a dealership's trailer at low speed prior to ever being sold. The damage was limited to the plastic, specifically a crack in the upper fairing, a busted windshield, and a broken mirror. The person I traded with replaced the windshield and mirror but not fairing.

In total, I have around $3000 in the bike right now. Considering the low miles and the work I'll put into it I think I got a pretty good deal. I plan on replacing the entire upper fairing with a brand new one this winter.

You all know this, but the bike is a total blast to ride! From my standpoint it is all the sport bike I'll ever need. All of the potential modifications are a definite upside for me. I'm excited about the exhaust and suspension options and am sure that a few goodies will make it onto the bike this winter when I'm replacing the fairing.

The FZ-6 is not my only bike. I also own a 2000 Kawasaki ZR-7 and a 1986 Honda VF500 Interceptor. I was commuting on the Kawa, but now the cold weather's rolling so I'm thinking that's done for the year. My wife is getting into riding, too, so there may be a further addition to the fleet next spring after she takes her MSF course :thumbup:

I should also mention that my buddy of 2+ decades, lordplayer, referred me to this forum. I helped him install his Two Bros. VALE system last week...talk about an impression! These little Yamaha's are monsters just waiting to be unleashed! I'm looking forward to getting to it.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to the site and sounds like you got a great deal on the bike! Enjoy it and have fun with the mods.

Ride Lots and Post Often!!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum! You are correct, the FZ is a great little bike. Nice collection of bikes you have too, the old VFR500 is a great runner.

:welcome: