new to board unique fz6

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Definately have them check it out. You don't want to be on a trip and lose another gear or two.

I'm not sure what would cause this....Does the shifter 'stop' when you click up while you're in 5th or does it go up and nothing happens?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome. Congrats on the bike. Can't wait to see the RPM readings.... I'm on the edge of my seat.

(A discussion of 5-speed fazers and nobody has busted my chops yet.... you're too kind!!! :rockon:)

That never even happened...remember?

darcswarm

Reaction score
Visit site
it just stops like theres no other gear and the yamaha guys let me know theres nothing wrong with it...theres no 6th gear,,,,they are going to keep it this weekend and take a look at it more with the fairings off

by the way if anyone has a power commander on their bikes. i was wondering how to set the custom maps..im running on the 6 speed map for the scorpion exaust...cant firgure out how to set it for the 5 speed setup as far as i can tell the bike accelerates faster but dosint have the top speed of 150...im hitting about 8000k in 5th at 115mph...but using that map is eating my gas like crazy

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
it just stops like theres no other gear and the yamaha guys let me know theres nothing wrong with it...theres no 6th gear,,,,they are going to keep it this weekend and take a look at it more with the fairings off

That's just odd. Either it's stuck somewhere, or you've got a non-standard fz6 gearbox from a previous owner. Hopefully there's no bad surprises from the previous owner, as the 5sp box isn't the biggest deal.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
120mph in 5th..what RPM was that at?

Tell me how to take 2 gears out of the box will you.

A 4 geared FZ6 would be great.

Steve