Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm curious about the mounting. Do they just go exactly on the stock turn signal brackets? How about wiring? Just plug and go? Where does the relay go? I appreciate your expertise since you have done these.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are the tag lights. I will probably get them after Christmas. I guess Christmas for me.:D These attach to the tag bracket and use the tag holes to mount. As far as wiring, I am pretty sure you will have to splice them in.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
People that installed their FE should know that the wires do not need splicing. If you look at the pic closely you'll notice a connector at the end of the wire. You take out factory wires and you connect these in.

My question is, do the indicators shown in this thread fit into the factory fender?

FZTofer

The Gamer
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are the tag lights. I will probably get them after Christmas. I guess Christmas for me.:D These attach to the tag bracket and use the tag holes to mount. As far as wiring, I am pretty sure you will have to splice them in.

The only problem is will someone see those during the day because when you go to turn you throw on the signal but your also braking so your brake light might mask those signals? Idk... just a thought...

And I think most do... but I could be wrong

BTW Those signals you have Wildcard, don't look bad... How are they in person? Ever had some one not see them??

Last edited:

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
They are pretty bright actually. It all depends on what angle you have them set at. I have mine slightly angled so that if you were in a car, they are REALLY bright. My roommate who rides with me on his SV does't see them as well in daylight because he sits higher than a person in a car would. At nighttime though, there is no reason NOT to see them.

As for mounting, I got some signal plate adapters. They were $10 on ebay, but they kinda suck when you start torquing them down and I cracked a couple (cheap plastic). Instead what I did was I used one of the adapter plates on the outside, and on the backside I used large washers.

Last edited:

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
The only problem is will someone see those during the day because when you go to turn you throw on the signal but your also braking so your brake light might mask those signals? Idk... just a thought...

And I think most do... but I could be wrong

BTW Those signals you have Wildcard, don't look bad... How are they in person? Ever had some one not see them??

I am not sure. I was hoping someone had them or at least had seen them before. They seem to be about as big as the others shown, but they will be rotated. Also, they use a bulb instead of led's. I was actually hoping they would be brighter than the led's, so they would be more visable. I had led signals on my last bike, and they were not easily seen in the day. However, at night no problems.

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
People that installed their FE should know that the wires do not need splicing. If you look at the pic closely you'll notice a connector at the end of the wire. You take out factory wires and you connect these in.

My question is, do the indicators shown in this thread fit into the factory fender?

no they do not fit; you will have to use washers where the stock signals were

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
these are the ones i would get, lockhart phillips have bright leds; on some wires that arnt made for yamaha will need adapter kits. you can also go to any car shop and find some, here are some pics of the turn signals i would get and some of the adapter you will need; all yamaha's use them same, they sell all of this at Motorsport.com

luckyirishboy209

Reaction score
Visit site
They don't?? Well I didn't know that. Ignore my previous post then :ban:

the stock uses two plastic clamps, you have to buy that pice in my pics and it plugs in the clamp, then you use the little butts on the end of the wires to into that. i got my connecters from cycle gear for $5. all yam use the same one

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Also, if you do go the LED route, don't waste your time with wiring in resistors to slow the blink rate down, just get a Motrax Yamaha LED Relay for $20. It plugs right up and fits where the old one does with no problems!

Thanks, I hadn't known of that option. If I use this (or regular resistors) will the LED signals still light up the instant I flip my turn signal switch? And will the running lights still work with this relay?

I'm worried that there might be a delay between signaling and the lights flashing? I've been able to find no info about this.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I hadn't known of that option. If I use this (or regular resistors) will the LED signals still light up the instant I flip my turn signal switch? And will the running lights still work with this relay?

I'm worried that there might be a delay between signaling and the lights flashing? I've been able to find no info about this.

I had the resistors at first, but they got pretty warm, so I switched to the flasher relay. I had the universal relay, but it is the same brand as they one mentioned. One thing that I noticed, is that after I put on the relay, the "blink, blink" sound (technical term) that comes from the factory flasher relay had stopped. The blinkers were completely quiet. I liked that alot.