New Scorpion Slip Ons

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,
Been around the forum for about a year now after purchasing my 2007 FZ6 last spring. Loved every minute since then. Posted a few comments here and there, and definitely gained a lot of knowledge from everyone here - which is dangerous because all I want to do is make my bike my own by modding left and right. Well finally took the plunge and ordered a Scorpion carbon fiber slip on exhaust. Our weather up north has been unseasonably warm so finally got the opportunity to install it on the bike earlier this week. Figured I'd post up a few pics. Enjoy!

Well everyone is familiar with this look...
View attachment 40878

Here she is all unboxed! Getting excited..
View attachment 40879

Scary image right here.
View attachment 40880

And finally complete!
View attachment 40881

And one last picture - front row parking directly in front of my office. Can't beat that!
View attachment 40882

In the middle of painting my radiator side covers black. Saw a few people on here do it and loved the way it looked.:thumbup:

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats. I know a lot of people on here have those pipes and love them!

Yeah another member is where I originally saw these exact pipes and loved the look against the red bike. They give the bike a little more of a throaty sound but not too loud and sound great when you really get on it. Had the opportunity to take it out for a long ride yesterday and love them already

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
My friend, they do indeed look really good against your red bike. I plan on getting these same pipes for my bike when I get home from deployment. Can I ask where you purchased them? How much you paid? Oh yes, did you install or already have a PC installed? If not how does the bike seem to respond to the new pipes? Any thing you feel would be valuable to somebody else planning on the same install please post, or just PM me. thanks

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
are you using the baffles or not ? i so want those :thumbup::thumbup:

I left the baffles in and used them stock from the vendor. I didn't want something that was going to be too loud, and after seeing a couple videos of these installed vs. the stock exhaust I really liked how they were.

My friend, they do indeed look really good against your red bike. I plan on getting these same pipes for my bike when I get home from deployment. Can I ask where you purchased them? How much you paid? Oh yes, did you install or already have a PC installed? If not how does the bike seem to respond to the new pipes? Any thing you feel would be valuable to somebody else planning on the same install please post, or just PM me. thanks

Another member directed me to check out Jazz Motorsports. I called them up and talked to Brian in the parts department - they called up and checked with Scorpion to see what the best deal was they could do which was a little less than what they had listed. I paid $630 (little extra for the carbon fiber vs. stainless), no tax and free shipping. They have been great working with and very quick - one of the band clamps actually broke while installing, so I just called them up the next morning and that day I had a tracking number for the replacement (free of charge). And no, I don't have a PC installed (eventually I'd like to). Bike seems to like the pipes as far as I can tell. Love the sound coming from behind me when you get on it.

I am very new to working on motorcycles. I have a little bit of experience with doing minor maintenance on cars, but I wouldn't say I am mechanically inclined at all. They send install instructions (including images) with the exhaust and just following the step-by-step instructions I didn't have any problems at all. Took me about an hour and a half maybe? Just make sure not to overtighten the band clamps - the brackets holding the bolts in place don't seem to be very sturdy. It can get tricky if you have an FE kit - I have FAZR6's FE kit. Scorpion supplies a little support bracket that is supposed to connect from your tail and go between the pipes to support the end of the tail kit - with the FE kit there isn't anyplace to connect it to. So right now I didn't install the small support bracket and just made sure the bolts underneath the tail at the frame were tight. Going to pick up some zip-ties just to connect somewhere near the license plate light up underneath just so it doesn't stress those bolts further back. Just a few things I learned while installing.

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hoping to get my set in tomorrow for my bike. I found mine on Amazon for $411. i dont plan on getting a PC for my bike just yet either. Thanks for the install tips

ScoobieDee

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hoping to get my set in tomorrow for my bike. I found mine on Amazon for $411. i dont plan on getting a PC for my bike just yet either. Thanks for the install tips

Can you link to the product? The best i can find on Amazon is for over $600, $411 is amazing.

acniss

Reaction score
Visit site
I found it by lookin it up by the part number witch is EA70CEO. I got the part number from this site
HTML:
http://www.tawperformance.com/sport-bike/scorpion/red-power-1.html
good luck finding them I think there was only 2 sets left when I ordered saturday.