New Rider With a Confession

Swedge58

Reaction score
Visit site
Got a good one for you guys. Found a dealer with a 09 FZ6 in stock gave him a call asked numerous question about the FZ6. I told him 5700 was my top offer, he quickly countered with 5800!! I was shocked, first person to counter offer. Played it cool said I may come and look at it the next day. Got off the phone and was excited, finally going to buy my bike. This dealer was 1 HR 40 minutes away!!! Well to end the story had my buddy drive me there because I was going to ride my new FZ6 home. To my surprise walk in and found a 09 FZ6R yes a FZ6R!!!! I was pissed!! In my conversation I must have said FZ6 15 times!! Never a R!!! After a long discussion with the owner over his dip****ted salesperson I drove home with a 75 dollar gas card. My quest continues!! I did find a dealer that offered me a 2011 FZ8 for 8098 out the door!! Hmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

CooperD

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I must confess, I did it too. I walked into the local shop last October looking for my first bike and left with an 09 FZ6, a bunch of ridding gear, and a big smile on my face. It may have not beed the best choice for a first bike, but I couldn't pass it up. I've just turned 1000 miles and I don't think that I have tached the engine over 7k. This is a powerful machine and I respect that. I'm having so much fun with my bike, I'm wondering why didn't decide to get into riding sooner.

Respect the machine and ride within your limits!