New Rider saying Hello!

raulazzer

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Hello,

Just wanted to say hello, and give a big thanks to the mass of information on this forum.

First time I ever got on a bike was in February of this year when I took an MSF course just for kicks to see if it would be something that would interest me. Haven't looked back since. Practiced a bit after with my little brothers R6, but that thing was just uncomfortable and scared the daylights out of me.:shakehead:

In April after a ton of research I came across a bone stock 2008 FZ6 with 2K miles on the odometer, pulled the trigger and rode her home... 200 miles to the house and I can remember every detail along the way. Its been a great bike so far. I've been riding the daylights out of it. Already added 2.5K miles to the bike. I've done some modding as well to give it a personal touch, but not done yet.

This forum has been an awesome tool.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum!

Remember, ride your own ride, ATGATT, post often and post pics! :D You're off to a good start. Nice looking bike.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome.....please keep yourself safe - everyone on the road is out to get you. Remember that, wear your gear, ride smart, and you will do fine.

Enjoy the forum!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

I noticed that you're in Santa Barbara. There will be a group of riders passing through their in early August, and we might even spend the night or nearby.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/im-g...1-all-combined-west-coast-fz6-forum-ride.html

Maybe you could recommend a great place to stay, hotels and campsites as some of us wll do both. Certainly maybe a place to eat.

Come join us and ride along as far as your schedule allows. I'm tagging along when the riders get to Vegas, and other members will just join as we progress up to Canada.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/im-g...1-all-combined-west-coast-fz6-forum-ride.html

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum!
:welcome::cheer::welcome::cheer::welcome:

Already on the mods eh? Well there are plenty of them out there for the fz6! Don't get too addicted.:D

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: Enjoy and ride safe, I'm just a few miles south of you and graduated from UCSB.

Hope you can hook up for the ride in August, I will be going as far as Monterey and then coming back.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome and great looking bike! (My favorite Fazer color too!) Enjoy the board and safe riding!

raulazzer

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Welcome to the forum.

I noticed that you're in Santa Barbara. There will be a group of riders passing through their in early August, and we might even spend the night or nearby.

Maybe you could recommend a great place to stay, hotels and campsites as some of us wll do both. Certainly maybe a place to eat.

Come join us and ride along as far as your schedule allows. I'm tagging along when the riders get to Vegas, and other members will just join as we progress up to Canada.

VegasRider,

Would be honored to join, my wife and I are expecting our first little baby boy on July 31st. My wife would be done with me if I took off for any sort of time. :spank:

Definitely can recommend any restaurants, bar's, or places to stay. Santa Barbara's a great town with lots of options.

raulazzer

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
:welcome: Enjoy and ride safe, I'm just a few miles south of you and graduated from UCSB.

Hope you can hook up for the ride in August, I will be going as far as Monterey and then coming back.

jtarkany,

I spotted you on here awhile back, your doing some really creative things with your FZ... Big props to your ideas...

My wife is a fellow UCSB Alum - I just spent my high school days freeloading beer on DelPlaya. :iconbeer: Those where the days...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:raulazzer to the forum.
Enjoy your new family! Fun group here with lots of experience. Nice bike!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
jtarkany,

I spotted you on here awhile back, your doing some really creative things with your FZ... Big props to your ideas...

My wife is a fellow UCSB Alum - I just spent my high school days freeloading beer on DelPlaya. :iconbeer: Those where the days...

I look forward to hooking up for some local rides in the near future with you. Congratulations to you and the wife on the new addition :thumbup: By the way, their is another 2008 FZ6 for sale here locally, you know, just in case the wife wants a bike :D