"New" Ride

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Back when I got my FZ6 I went to the dealer with the intent to purchase an FZ1 because I loved the way it looked.

This was before I knew anything about the bikes, so after looking at prices, comparing specs, I figured the FZ6 was a much better starting bike for me.

As much as I love the 6, there was just something about it that didn't feel entirely right.

Enter my 'new' 2009 FZ1. I bought it yesterday with less than 2,000 miles on it. The frame sliders, exhaust, and FE were included -- I went ahead and moved over the bar ends and levers from my 6.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
STOP posting FZ1 pics! That is one of the few bikes that makes me consider selling my FZ6 :eek:

Beautiful bike :thumbup:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
STOP posting FZ1 pics! That is one of the few bikes that makes me consider selling my FZ6 :eek:

Beautiful bike :thumbup:

I'm in the same position as you. I actually went to my local Yamaha dealer yesterday with the intention of getting a closer look at an FZ1. Sadly, they were closed because it was Sunday.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats!

I also refuse to go look at bikes because I've been happy with my FZ6 for 5 years and I don't want that itch! :BLAA:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the same position as you. I actually went to my local Yamaha dealer yesterday with the intention of getting a closer look at an FZ1. Sadly, they were closed because it was Sunday.

I've made the mistake of sitting on FZ1 a while ago. It's perfect.. ergonomics felt nearly identical to mine, since I run FZ1 bar. 50% more HP and all that low end torque.. very inviting.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! You are going to love your FZ1. Come on over to the other side of the forum too.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! That's the bike I would probably trade up to. Although I love the FJR. I saw a new one yesterday sitting next to me at a light and wanted one.
Enjoy your new toy. :thumbup:

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah - I made the mistake of looking at the FZ1.

Any other bike wouldn't have tempted me, I look at every bike in the dealerships / shops when I go to get other items for my bike and it doesn't phase me... but the 1 -- no it messed with me.

I'm still happy with the 6, but it doesn't make any sense for me to keep a 1 and 6 in the garage, so I'll be posting my 6 in the next week or two.

I have made my way over to the FZ1 side of the forum -- that's actually how I found the bike!