new pipes installed

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my M4's today and got them installed. Sounds alot better and looks sweet. I'll post a video tomarrow with when the weathers nice.

I was also wondering if I'm going to need a power commander or if just disconnecting the battery will work. It has both the exhaust and a K&N filter.

Last edited:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those pipes look great mate :thumbup:

Your bike is an 05 so there is no O2 sensor to reset so no need to disconnect the battery.But if you want to get the most out of the pipes and filter a pc is the way to go.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
Those pipes look great mate :thumbup:

Your bike is an 05 so there is no O2 sensor to reset so no need to disconnect the battery.But if you want to get the most out of the pipes and filter a pc is the way to go.

thanks man

can it hurt anything to run it the way it is? Either way guess its time to wait for pay day again.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Some say it leans it out a bit ,others say no probs ,so I,m not sure on that one,But I have the same year as you with Leo cans and will be adding a K&N soon and wont be going with a power commander.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 06...no CO2 sensor, and i ran my bike without any other modification for a few days, there seemed to be no adverse affect on the way the bike ran, other than it seemed to go a little harder, but i do suggest a Power Commander, and an Airfilter, as these do make a bigger difference when used in conjunction with a decent set of aftermarket pipes like yours.

:thumbup:

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those pipe's look sweet, I have the Scorpions C/F, K&N filter, air box mod and a PC111 and I disconnected the battery for about 15 min or so, but it made a huge difference in throttle response speed and alot of SOUND, as far as the PC111 it's hard to tell. Some people on here say that a PC111 corrects the A/F ratio, or it's a waste. I am not to sure but i bought just to make sure that it was done right.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys,
I didn't want to have just another set of two bro's, Scorpions, or Leo's.
they sound badass too:rockon:, I'll post a video eventually with it running and some fly bys.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
I have a set of the CF M4s on mine with the cat eliminator pipe, its sounds awesome. You made a good choice these cans are awesome looking.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
the weight reduction is amazing, isn't it? I could feel the difference as I backed out of my garage after installing my TBR cans.

I didn't really take notice to it pushing it out of my shed probably because i was more worried about not hitting my moms bike or the beer fridge or the door but it was lighter to just tilt off the kick stand.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
here's a quick one of it running didn't have anyone to hold the camera for fly-bys today:( its also the first time i used the video mode on my digital camera:thumbup:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_OKF0IF7DM[/ame]