New Photos

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
I washed my bike the other day and thought I would take a couple pics and share them. Enjoy.....

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks clean F250moto. :thumbup: What happend to your pipes? I know they get a little discolored, but I didn't think they'd tarnish to a dull coat.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
I think its from the de-icing agent that Oregon DOT uses on the road. In all honesty, I could've spent much more time polishing. But, It's still winter and very rainy. I'll get them cleaned up come April or so.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they look normal to me, pipes get very tarnished and unless you get some actual polish and a polishing wheel then they get very dull in area's that have snow.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My '07's pipes turned that color last summer, before the snow even hit. I think its just heat discoloration; at any rate, it washed off (mostly) just with a little elbow grease, no polishing compound needed (not to say there's not more than one type of staining they can see).

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Are those Puig DB windscreens you have on your FZ6? If so, how do you like them? I'm 5'10" and I am using CalSci 8+ windscreens. I love my CalSci for wind protection, but have considered using Puig DB windscreen for my '07 FZ6. Your input on them is greatly appreciated. BTW how much did it cost you and where did you order them from? Thanks.

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
It is the puig DB racing screen. I ordered it from the bike shop my wife works at. I dont know how much it cost (I am sponsored by the shop and get all my parts very cheap). I like it. I commute to work at night and when I tuck, I get real low. I can still see through the screen with the dark tint, but visability is compromised.

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks clean F250moto. :thumbup: What happend to your pipes? I know they get a little discolored, but I didn't think they'd tarnish to a dull coat.

Unusually for original equipment the exhaust on the FZ6 are stainless steel. A bit of elbow grease & some metal polish will bring them back as good as new. Try fine wire wool for any stubborn bits.