New Oldie

hoggies

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I'm returning to biking after a break of a couple of years, and fancy the
FZ6 S2 ABS. (Having read this forum for several weeks, researched on-line and checked one out at my local dealership)

I gave up biking because the OH didn't want to go touring anymore (after 10 years) and I found the Honda too heavy for use as a day-to-day bike. But I do miss a bike, so I want it for there-and-back day trips, short blats, and puttering around on, and no, I don't want a Deauville....

Sitting on one at the dealership (I have a test ride planned) it felt very comfortable, and light and manageable. I liked the upright riding position, no weight on my wrists and the footpegs in just the right place.

My concern is, as I am 103 years old (well not quite, but close...:eek:) and after being used to torquey ST1100's (my last 2 bikes) am I going to find the Fazer too frenetic?

All my old fogey chums are advising against it, but I just fancy it...

Pearls of wisdom gratefully received.

Thanks
David

The FZ Sounds the perfect bike till you mention the Pan.

I was talking to a guy the other day in his 60s plus and he loves his FZ.

I got mine because it revs, it is a motorcycle after all not a diesel 405.

Good luck with your choice.:thumbup:

Hi (or Salute) and welcome to the site,
First off age is only the number used to ensure the government pays back some of your hard earned cash. Some call it a pension I will think of mine as petrol money.
The test ride will be the proof in the pudding. You will have seen it said before but to coin the phrase. "The FZ6 is the motorcycle Swiss army knife".
Now Mr Grommit rides like the Devil himself and uses his RPM. I am more relaxed in my riding and find that at liesurely speeds you can use the entire gear box and cruise with the best of them at lower RPM's.

Good luck and keep us posted even if you don't choose the FZ6.

Nelly

Thanks grommit and nellie - I think I've pretty much decided to go for it. (just got to figure where I can stow the zimmer frame...)

I'll keep you posted!

Cheers.

Hi,
...I don't want a Deauville....
... My concern is, as I am 103 years old (well not quite, but close...:eek:)
Thanks
David

Very, very old-day post. But. I owned one 2005 year FZ6S, and later - NT700V Deauville. At one moment I rode my NT700V near FZ6S. Smth. abot 170 kph. How the FZ6S rider was laying on tank...:D And how he was looking at me - like on sofa at home. And how bike will defend the rider. For touring FZ6 is so far away from NT700V (NT is much more advanced). Not so heavy as ST. Not so tall. Ideal bike for non-sporting purpose. Therefore I was purchased back my prior selled one. And for city traffic Suzuki SV650 is far more better.
Here is only one bad thing. I still want a new FZ6S S2. And it is impossible.:(

Back