New Nakedness

raulazzer

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
After seeing all the naked conversions I decided I'd give it a try. Perfect thanksgiving project to give my self.

I went with the fz16 headlight - Overall I'm very happy with the light itself, but the mirrors and turn signals I had to just toss. The wiring and the mounting of the light couldn't be any easier. Also not keen on the fz16 windscreen so I ended up painting the backside black.

Also decided to powder coat the top triple, Handle bar Clamp, & the fz1 bar.

Ordered and installed Rizoma Mirrors, Grips, Bar Ends, & Zero11 turn signals front and rear.

Yet to arrive is the belly pan, and a speedo cover so i can get rid of the fz16 screen

The first ride was a little odd, it felt weird not seeing the fairing there. The wind buffeting I had was gone. Not quieter by any means but not as bad as I expected.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks awesome! I wonder if that little screen still creates some noise. I have no screen at all on mine and it's way way quieter than stock.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job....looks OEM thanks to the headlight!

Naked rocks, screens suck, they just direct the windblast straight at your head and shoulders!

:thumbup:

raulazzer

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Looks very nice. Love all the powdercoating! I think you should get the rearsets powdercoated black, too.

I was going to powdercoat those as well but just decided on investing in some new adjustable rearsets. So i just ended up taking the insert to the powdercoater for a temporary fix.

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't get all this fuss about making naked FZs, just go out and buy one like I did, we have lots of them for sale in our lil ole country. In fact naked bikes are one of the faster growing markets as buyers realise they are going to jail if they keep blasting around at warp speeds on their tupperware torpedoes. At least once you get to silly speeds on a naked you know you're doing it so are more aware of how illegally you are behaving.
Mine's an orange FZ6N, a colour nobody seemed to like over here, which is why I like it.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't get all this fuss about making naked FZs, just go out and buy one like I did, we have lots of them for sale in our lil ole country. In fact naked bikes are one of the faster growing markets as buyers realise they are going to jail if they keep blasting around at warp speeds on their tupperware torpedoes. At least once you get to silly speeds on a naked you know you're doing it so are more aware of how illegally you are behaving.
Mine's an orange FZ6N, a colour nobody seemed to like over here, which is why I like it.

Umm.. FZ6N was never available in the states. Only FZ6S, so we have no choice.

jnappier

Reaction score
Visit site
Good job and great looking bike. Who makes thet seat and do you like it? I am new to the FZ6, I like everything about it except the seat is not good at all. Thanks

raulazzer

Reaction score
www.facebook.com

Not available in the big ol states. I thought about and looked at other naked options, like the triumph and the Ducati, but the fz6 is paid for and really didn't want a bike payment. Small investment made a big difference, it's a whole new bike.

raulazzer

Reaction score
www.facebook.com
Good job and great looking bike. Who makes thet seat and do you like it? I am new to the FZ6, I like everything about it except the seat is not good at all. Thanks

The seat is a Corbin that I purchased off a forum member, don't have many miles on it yet but it's a world of a difference over the plastic stock seat. I find it easier to move and shift my weight around on the Corbin. Def a good buy.

expatmanxman

Reaction score
Visit site
Raulazzer, one of my riding mates has a Street Triple and we swapped for a go the other week. He was really surprised by how much more planted the FZ felt, especially considering his has supposedly much better quality suspension than mine. Also outdragged him in an any gear you like shoot out from 60mph, he was dropping back and out of steam when I gave up at an indicated 151mph, so Yamaha 1, Triumph 0

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Raulazzer, one of my riding mates has a Street Triple and we swapped for a go the other week. He was really surprised by how much more planted the FZ felt, especially considering his has supposedly much better quality suspension than mine. Also outdragged him in an any gear you like shoot out from 60mph, he was dropping back and out of steam when I gave up at an indicated 151mph, so Yamaha 1, Triumph 0

Yep, the Street Triple aint any faster than an FZ6 in the right hands! About the same HP, weight, etc...but the FZ6 frame makes the FZ6 such a sweet handler iMHO...