New Mods, New Toys (rizoma ripoffs/helmet/grill)

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First of all I would like to start this right up about the handgrips, these are the Rizoma ripoff grips(as seen on ebay), I saw a thread about them about a week ago, so I figured why not try them. So far I am very happy with them, they were like about $40 and they do seem to take some of the vibrations out of the handlebars, but these are honestly my first time I have ever changed my grips. So if your curious about the quality, I give em a thumbs up.:thumbup: HOWEVER, I have never tried the rizoma grips, so Its not really a comparison. But I like them :)
These are called the D3 Alloy Motorcycle grips.
IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

Now to the Grill, I saw ridgeback's grill and thought, OOOOOOoooo, I like, the standard radiator look just was an eye sore for me. This is a great not too expensive mod plus easy to install! I think this really added my bike personally. There are several different types floating around on ebay, but make sure you check them all out!
IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

Thanks Ridgback! Your bike pic helped a lot in deciding.

And now my last toy, I got a new helmet after couple years of use of my first one. This is got to be the best bang for the buck. This is a GMAX helmet with the leds in the back, honestly I didnt know it had leds till I got it, lol. It comes with 3 led covers, 2 dark smokes, and 1 red, also come with 2 visors, 1 tint, 1 clear. And of course the pouches. I payed like 118.00 USD free shipping!

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

Check out REVILLA at
REVILLA

ALSO I got my corbin seat in which works with my seat cowl, payed $200
IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Anyway thanks for stopping in!

Last edited:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First of all I would like to start this right up about the handgrips, these are the Rizoma ripoff grips(as seen on ebay), I saw a thread about them about a week ago, so I figured why not try them. So far I am very happy with them, they were like about $40 and they do seem to take some of the vibrations out of the handlebars, but these are honestly my first time I have ever changed my grips. So if your curious about the quality, I give em a thumbs up.:thumbup: HOWEVER, I have never tried the rizoma grips, so Its not really a comparison. But I like them :)
These are called the D3 Alloy Motorcycle grips.
IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

Now to the Grill, I saw ridgeback's grill and thought, OOOOOOoooo, I like, the standard radiator look just was an eye sore for me. This is a great not too expensive mod plus easy to install! I think this really added my bike personally. There are several different types floating around on ebay, but make sure you check them all out!
IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

Thanks Ridgback! Your bike pic helped a lot in deciding.

And now my last toy, I got a new helmet after couple years of use of my first one. This is got to be the best bang for the buck. This is a GMAX helmet with the leds in the back, honestly I didnt know it had leds till I got it, lol. It comes with 3 led covers, 2 dark smokes, and 1 red, also come with 2 visors, 1 tint, 1 clear. And of course the pouches. I payed like 118.00 USD free shipping!

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

Check out REVILLA at
REVILLA

ALSO I got my corbin seat in which works with my seat cowl, payed $200
IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Anyway thanks for stopping in!
looks good dude... nice application of accesories..

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How do you like that helmet? I have the white "crusader" version of it and I dont quite like the feel compared to my old Shoei.

Yeah its much more better on my ears, my previous helmet which is a HJC, really hurt my ears from time to time. this is a little more room on my head, also I heard these Gmax fit one size bigger.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Maybe thats the issue, I bought it online and sized it the same as my Shoei which was a bit snug. The Gmax feels looser.
My problem with the Shoei wasnt my ears, it was my cheeks. My cheeks and teeth always felt sore a little after a long ride.

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!

Need pics of the whole bike :)

Ill post final picture monday when its sunny and nice outside, im waiting for the clear coat on the front fairing to dry, orginally after the first time I painted it, the clear coat had encountered dust. Missouri hasent been nice lately.

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I see the pics now. How hard is it to change the grip on the throtle side? I got an fz1 bar comming and I don't want to reuse the stock grips. Do you have to glue those down?

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok I see the pics now. How hard is it to change the grip on the throtle side? I got an fz1 bar comming and I don't want to reuse the stock grips. Do you have to glue those down?

The grips were tougher than a year in jail to get them on, I used an air compressor with a silicant lubricant. They don't move at all. Couldn't twist them if you tried.

Hutchmaster34

Sparkie
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man you've brought that bike a hell of a long way! looks so sick if i ever go nakid i will definitely cough steal cough some of your ideas :spank:

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
That probably the nicest looking corbin I've seen for the FZ6 and it looks comfy as well! I'd like to get a radiator guard similar to that but I've been trying to find a nice black one instead.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That probably the nicest looking corbin I've seen for the FZ6 and it looks comfy as well! I'd like to get a radiator guard similar to that but I've been trying to find a nice black one instead.

You should try RadGuard in Australia - bought them for every bike we own/have owned - they even give you a hat, stubby holder and sticker :cheer:

Rad Guard : - SHOP Motorcycle Radiator Guards Australia. - Rad Guard Australia

Here's a pic of my bike with the black one on.