New member...

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi ladies and gents,

I'm about to pick up a black 2008 FZ6 with 15k km. I've had a look around to inform myself a bit but I'm really happy to have found this forum. It's always great to have support for your ride. Thanks!

The bike looks pretty clean with very minor blemishes due to what I believe was a controlled drop. The break lever needs to be straightened out carefully or replaced. Minor pitting on the stator cover. But that's it.

It isn't my first ride but it will be my first with Fi so I'm looking forward to no choke lever. I can't wait to go for that first ride!

Chris
Montreal, Can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard the most friendly and helpful forum I've ever found and congratulations on your new ride. And I agree 1000% on loving FI over carburation. But I've got one question for you. Ya gonna post a picture of your bike? :needpics:

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard the most friendly and helpful forum I've ever found and congratulations on your new ride. And I agree 1000% on loving FI over carburation. But I've got one question for you. Ya gonna post a picture of your bike? :needpics:

I'll have pics as soon as she's mine. All that I have now is her ad pics.

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome from down under,

ride safe, post lots.... we like reading about other rides and riders when we aren't doing it ourselves

heres a pic of the JPR shorty levers, much much better quality than the twowheels brand and about 1/2-2/3 the price of Pazzos.
nice folk to deal with too

and if I can find it heres abnother pic of my bike coz I liek to show it off

Last edited:

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome from down under,

ride safe, post lots.... we like reading about other rides and riders when we aren't doing it ourselves

heres a pic of the JPR shorty levers, much much better quality than the twowheels brand and about 1/2-2/3 the price of Pazzos.
nice folk to deal with too

and if I can find it heres abnother pic of my bike coz I liek to show it off

Thanks a lot. So I picked her up. A slight drizzle on the way home but it dried up. It felt nice and she accelerated nicely into highway traffic. There was a hum or whine. But I figured maybe normal. My first yammy. Got the back tire changed and flushed the brake fluid. Then the test ride....whine still there and annoying. Did a quick search here and voila... Chain slack. Out her back to spec and no more whine! Sweet. Thanks guys. I think this a start of a beautiful relationship.

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
And yet still no photos.:spank:

Just funning you.:BLAA:

pabuba7u.jpg
u7ezabu7.jpg
azynete9.jpg

Taa daaa