New member welcome thread..

robortk

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, my names Robert. I'm from Ireland, I'v been driving bikes on and off since 1980 (I was 14 then) I had a 16 year layoff due to kids and finance, got back into it last year and bought an 2005 FZ6 two weeks ago. I joined this site for the great info on here!

Arni

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi to you all, my name is Arni and i´m from Iceland, just got a 2007 FZ6n in black and i really like the bike a lot, i just got back to riding a bike again after many years of inactivity. I really like the forum here and all the info i get here is great and really helps me learning about the bike, Thanks a lot to you all.

tenwest

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Well I will admit -- I joined this forum shortly after purchasing my FZ6 last may, did a lot of browsing but did not do any posts.
Now, I am ready to sell it, and need some non B-S posts! So here goes the non BS introduction:

I'm from Cali, I've always been into motorsports/engines. My dad (and dad's side) have been long time car people. It's in di blood.
I had an early interest in motorcycles -- dirt biking with Dad and his friends.

Took the CHP course when I was 18 or 19, but never completed the actual riding portion.

Fast forward 9-10 years, graduate college, working at job that I hate, trying to live a little.
I take the class, complete it this time, and finally get my butt on a bike -- ninja 250.

WOW! What have I been missing my whole life!??!

As much as I love cars (my RX7 is something amazing), bikes are of no comparison. The feel, the wind, the control, the agility....WOW. (and lets not forget about the [lack of] COST)

I learned on the 250 for about a month before deciding to upgrade. FZ6 made the most sense, price and practicality wise. I was working in san diego but needed something I could take back up to LA where my family and friends live.

FZ6 fit the bill. I found one for 4000$ with only 5000 miles on it, dealer purchased and owned by an older gentleman. He realised that getting back into motorcycles wasn't the best idea so I picked up his showroom condition bike, Cortech saddle bags included.

It's treated me so well. Such a fun bike to ride and fits the bill in any situation.

BUT ALAS, I am moving on. I had it garaged and sitting over the winter rains in Cali, and I've barely ridden it since. I am making monthly payments and now that I've moved back to LA, insurance skyrocketed...

So, better late than never -- nice to meet you all :)

Delta88

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everybody. My name is Tim and I live in Kent, Washington. Quick back story - After 6 years and 113,000 miles on my ST1300, doing IBA style rides and a few endurance rallies, I had to start dialing back on so much riding and focus on getting our house in shape in preparation for retirement. So, the last 3 years, or so I really wasn't riding the bike the way I had planned when I bought it and farkled it up.. Then, when I injured my back this last March, and was looking at the prospect of not being able to ride it at all for up to a year, I decided to let a friend have it and look for something a lot lighter and better suited to the type of riding I'm able to carve time out for lately.

Enter my new-to-me 2004 FZ6. I picked it up a week ago with 8,300 miles on the clock and have only been able to put a couple of hundred more on it so far but I'm convinced it was the right decision. In a perfect world, it would have a mid-weight twin instead of a four (much like the unlikely-to-ever-be-available-in-the-States MT-07 Tracer) but I'm sure I will get acclimated to the power characteristics of the revvy little motor.

In the meantime, I'll continue to lurk here, gleaning as much info as I can.

Attachments

• PickQuickFZ6Lg.jpg
    PickQuickFZ6Lg.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 41
  • WallysFZ6Lg.jpg
    WallysFZ6Lg.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 36

SirLanceralot

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings all! I just purchased an '05 FZ6 this past saturday and is my first bike! Born in florida, but moved all around. Served 8 years in the Marine Corps and I'm currently living in southern Utah going to school to be a helicopter pilot.

jawswilson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone. I actually bought my 2009 FZ6 last April. A quick intro, I'm 45 and started riding about 3 years ago, after years of not being allowed to have a bike, or unable to afford it, (first Mom wouldn't allow it, then had no money, got married, had a kids, got divorced and had no money again, got married again and had another kid, divorced again and no money again) I finally said screw it, and did something for me. Took a class, passed the test and got a Honda CTX700 (not the automatic one, a regular shift it yourself manual), and quickly decided cruisers were not for me, but had to wait to pay it off before trading it. A friend had an FZ1, which I loved, but he pointed me to the FZ6 as a better step up - more manageable, and cheaper since I'm still not rich...picked up my FZ6 with about 8,000 miles and paid $4,800 for it. in 14 months, I've racked up almost 10,000 miles, and still love it!

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone. I actually bought my 2009 FZ6 last April. A quick intro, I'm 45 and started riding about 3 years ago, after years of not being allowed to have a bike, or unable to afford it, (first Mom wouldn't allow it, then had no money, got married, had a kids, got divorced and had no money again, got married again and had another kid, divorced again and no money again) I finally said screw it, and did something for me. Took a class, passed the test and got a Honda CTX700 (not the automatic one, a regular shift it yourself manual), and quickly decided cruisers were not for me, but had to wait to pay it off before trading it. A friend had an FZ1, which I loved, but he pointed me to the FZ6 as a better step up - more manageable, and cheaper since I'm still not rich...picked up my FZ6 with about 8,000 miles and paid $4,800 for it. in 14 months, I've racked up almost 10,000 miles, and still love it!

Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on finding a wife(FZ6), when divorced, you'll still be rich. ;)
Sorry to hear all the trouble you've been through, but this bike never lets you down :) Happy riding.

manos1757

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys!!!

My name is Manos and I am from Greece and I am 23 years old!
I got my fz6 naked s1 2007 about 2 months now and I am in love with it and it's my third bike but my first four cylinder bike!
I paid 3,300€ for it but it was in a very good condition! I bought it with 46.000Kms and in those two months I put on it around 5.000kms more! It got new tyres, new chain and sprockets, xenon headlight, leovince Titanium with out cat, rizoma grips and mirrors and I think that all of it! Thanks for the welcoming! And sorry for my English! Greetings from Greece!

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: new members! This is the best forum with a great membership of riders helping riders. :rockon:

jor600s

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone! My name is Jorge, I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina and I'm prouded owner of an FZ6 S2 09 which I bought 2 months ago to the first owner with 24000 km (about 15000 miles). After ride about 1000 miles I only can say that I'm deeply in love with this motorcycle.
I'm going to US for holiday next month and I would love to hear some or webpages to do some shopping for my bike!

Here a pic of my black panther :rockon: !

Fazer 1.jpg

Thanks to everyone!

Last edited:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone! My name is Jorge, I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina and I'm prouded owner of an FZ6 S2 09 which I bought 2 months ago to the first owner with 24000 km (about 15000 miles). After ride about 1000 miles I only can say that I'm deeply in love with this motorcycle.
I'm going to US for holiday next month and I would love to hear some or webpages to do some shopping for my bike!

Here a pic of my black panther :rockon: !

Thanks to everyone!

Welcome. Nice ride!

Looks very stock other than the seat upgrade. I like the polished headers so be sure to keep them shining.

Rather than get fizzer farkles, maybe consider protective riding gear unless you're already in good shape in that dept.

jor600s

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Darius! yes it is pretty stock! as I bought it to the first owner only 2 months ago. And in Arg is not so easy to get tunning or parts for this bike. I'm traveling to the US next month so, as I asked before if someone could give some advice where buy parts for this motorcycle will be more than welcome!

By the way, the seat is stock, The US version of the S2 is slightly different, turning lights are bigger and the fronts are always on when you ride, ignition key is not computed, this mean that do not have engine immobilizer, the seat and decals.

Br

Jorge.

Last edited:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Darius! yes it is pretty stock! as I bought it to the first owner only 2 months ago. And in Arg is not so easy to get tunning or parts for this bike. I'm traveling to the US next month so, as I asked before if someone could give some advice where buy parts for this motorcycle will be more than welcome!

By the way, the seat is stock, The US version of the S2 is slightly different, turning lights are bigger and the fronts are always on when you ride, ignition key is not computed, this mean that do not have engine immobilizer, the seat and decals.

Br

Jorge.

The thing the bike needs most is miles put on it.

You need to get to know the bike to determine what if anything it needs, whether to suit your ergonomics (handlebar, footpegs, seat, etc.) or how and where you ride (wind protection, suspension) for example.

Jblack

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey ... I'm from nc own a 05 fz6 and currently building a 05 fz6 yfz450..... I'm a Hyundai master tech and spend my time riding and tinkering with the toys.

silasbr

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All, I'm from Chicago and might be buying a 2004 FZ6 from a second owner. The current owner does not ride anymore. the bike has been sitting on his driveway for about 2 years, according to him it has under 15k miles, I have not seen the bike in day light and haven't turned it on yet.
At some point the tires were flat just from lack of use.
He is asking 900 dollars.
Anything major I should be looking out for before I close de deal?

Thank you and I hope to be one more active user of this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeanjesuit

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi FZ6 lovers. I'm from western Europe and own a 62000 km FZ6 N S2. I'm the fourth owner and the bike has a spotty service history. I'm about 1600 km in and it's all been very... interesting. But it's a nice ride and a versatile bike, so I'll restore it to its full glory.

V

Skirnir

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I bought my 2004 Fazer pretty much exactly one year ago and am very happy with her. She recently hit 60'000km and everything is still working flawlessly. Earlier this year I treated her to a new suspension - especially the old fork felt a bit spongy - and am very pleased with the results.
Right now I'm in the market for a new set of tires, so that'll be my first stop after the introductory post. I'm from Germany, but have finally decided to register here because there is no real German-language FZ6 forum.

Started riding over 20 years ago, but used to own Dualsports / Adventure bikes, mostly due to my height, but last year I felt like trying out something a bit sportier. FWIW, I chose the FZ6 because I've been kinda smitten with the design ever since I first saw it; the geometry accomodates my body well enough, and I've always been much in favour of smaller engines and lightweight bikes, so not interested in quarter-ton liter-bikes at all, thank you very much. ;)

DES1RED

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone.

My name is Ardian, and I just recently bought a 2006 FZ6 RED with 5800 miles on her. I got her for a steal, but she doesn't not disappoint so far. I've only been riding for about 9 months now yet have plunged in deep into this motorcycle hobby since starting. I have two other bikes in my stable but they're more for show. 2008 Ducati Sport Classi 1000s and a Custom 1979 Honda CBX. The FZ6 will be my daily driver if you will but I intend on keeping her till the wheels fall off. Here's a pic of the FZ6....... 00000_h7GO6RWfFz8_1200x900.jpg 00c0c_4WBgCjrefeU_1200x900.jpg00D0D_lmnK57KHbyY_1200x900.jpg00t0t_zYQza4jt4i_1200x900.jpg00B0B_cUjtZtgUOOW_1200x900.jpg

Jedz123

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all!
My name is Justin and I recently picked up a 2004 FZ6 for $1500. I unfortunately lost my primary bike in an accident (2008 Kawasaki Concours14) and was looking for an adequate replacement that was smaller in size to the ZG1400. The FZ6 is one of 4 bikes in my line up. I also ride often my 1981 Suzuki GS750, 2015 Suzuki TU250X and my 2017 Harley-Davidson Street-Rod 750.
I ride big miles and ride 2 up as well. This is my 3rd FZ but the 2 prior were FZ1's. I couldn't say no to the price and with both of my best friends owning FZ6's from new (one has 50K miles the other 70K miles) I know the reliability of these bikes is top notch. I currently have 19.5K miles on so far for this 2017 season, so I ride every day, rain or shine (and even snow). I do intend to run this FZ6 for a while... I have been down the liter road and have realized 100hp is all I need to have a good time but keep me out of relative trouble.
I'm here to add some 2 cents but mainly looking for low to mid range power adders (better for touring and 2-up riding). I do LOVE riding fast in the twisties and since I do ride allot I buy ALLOT of tires so I plan to experiment with tire sizes with this little duffer. The tires that came with the bike were total trash Conti-motions. I'm currently running a Shinko 006 150 in the rear while the new 006 160 comes in( I had this tire in stock and just want to burn it out). I tried the smaller size for the handling of the FZ6 for a small bike is a bit labored. the 150 is touch too small for I am overwhelming the tire on acceleration and powering out of the turn (Drifting out is fun though ;) )however the handling feedback and sharpness is very nice and I think a 160 would be perfect for this little bike.
So I'll be looking for mid-range adders, looking at fueling but maybe ignition timing (available for this bike). I also would like to run a R6 high flow header unit with side exit exhaust. We will see. I will be adding some new bars for comfort and a some sort of aftermarket wind screen.
Well thanks for having me! Here is some pics of the new bike:
21766744_10207560320485012_2478090527848525172_n.jpg

21752180_10207540208902235_3845376172180169645_n.jpg

21686377_10207553476753923_1118475858702391109_n.jpg