New member welcome thread..

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy. I'm from CA and I a fairly recent rider, having bought an 09 FZ6 earlier this year. I commute school, work, and recreation and the fz6 is more than up to it. I'm not all that mechanically skilled, but I enjoy working on the bike, although sadly I've had to do more than planned. But this forum is great for that, so it's all good.

:welcome: to this great forum everyone. We love pictures, so when you get a chance, post up so pics of your ride.

ivocro

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello!

I am Ivo from Croatia (ivocro). I am 34 and from yesterday I am proud owner of MINT Yamaha FZ6 Fazer S2...

Little about the bike.
- Bought her from 1st owner
- She is ABS version
- Has 21.100 kilometers
- She has no scratches, not one! When I went to see her I bought her immediately, I was feeling like I was looking new bike in a saloon!
- She has new battery, new tires, oil changed... I have nothing to do!...

Some more about me...
This is my 2nd bike, first one was Kawasaki ER5 and I had it only couple months, and compared to this one, ER5 is a toy... So I am a fresh driver, this is why I was extremely happy to see this one has ABS! I am 34 years, and I work in IT...

Cheers!!

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pozdrav kolega sa Motori.hr! [emoji106] - ovdje češ pronaći hrpu korisnih postova o održavanju (za razliku od moroni.hr) :D

Last edited:

austindv

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy! My name is Austin and I just purchased one of the most beat up motorcycles I've ever seen and it happens to be a 2005 FZ6S. It's one of the blue ones but it isn't all that fast since I can't get it started... I'm looking forward to getting it running and getting help from all of my new friends!

A little background about myself:
I live in College Station, Texas and I am an industrial & systems engineering student at Texas A&M.
This is my first bike and I've never ridden anything other than a dirtbike before this.
I like the naked look and since the front fairing of my bike was destroyed when the previous owner laid it down, it's the obvious way to go.

Can't wait to get started on the bike!

goliath

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everybody, I've been riding my 09 fz6 since may. Nice to meet you all and hope to get lots of help fixing her since i flipped her a month ago.

derrickmonkey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, John here, Have a virtual pint on me, I have been stalking this forum for a wee while now, but why can I not see any pictures you guys put up? Regards Derrickmonkey

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, John here, Have a virtual pint on me, I have been stalking this forum for a wee while now, but why can I not see any pictures you guys put up? Regards Derrickmonkey

:welcome: to the forum! A while back we lost some picture from our data base but you should be able to see pictures now.

Baileyisme

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys! I'm new here, from Australia!
Recently bought a 2011 FZ6R, loving it so far!
Pretty new to riding in general but I'm getting there haha.
This is my girl:
425f67bac9bb3f4b5ea4af1c45543be4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben99

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, Ben here from England. I've been riding for 3 years now, and own the FZ6-S Fazer (5VX6) in metallic black. I have previously pilfered enough tips from this website to convince me to sign up! So far I've had speedy and helpful responses...much appreciated!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: new members! Here's to the new year with great riding adventures ahead!

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Finish

Reaction score
Visit site
New meber enter. I live in Finlad EU (next to Sweden if somebody dont know where is that kind of country) I bought my Fz6s last spring and i like it a lot! Last summer i drive it about 4000km and now i cant wait the spring coming. In winter here is snow an freezing about oct. to april so winter time I just have to polishing my bike.

Jacques_Helberg

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody, New introduction for a relatively new member. I live in South Africa, in the Capitol City Pretoria, our climate is very forgiving towards biking all year round when using sensible riding gear. Been on the FZ6 (2006) model since August 2016 as a first bike, average about 1500km's per month on a daily commute, with some easy riding on weekends. This site has really assisted in understanding the bike so much better, making it lots easier to ride and maintain..

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
: welcome: to our big family! From Southern California. Been an unusually wet winter here but not as cold as some spots in the world. Here to an early spring for our brothers and sisters in the cold winter regions! :)

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Lopezius

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Danny here from Cortlamdt Manor, NY and now the proud owner of a 2008 FZ6. This is my third bike, first was a 2006 SV650 then a 2008 Kawasaki ZZR600 and now the FZ6. It's all black with a Scorpion exhaust already on it. I love the bike so far, very peppy, super comfortable and fun with only a couple of gripes. My first gripe is the clutch, very heavy pull which I'm not used to, I like being able to actuate it with 2 fingers. I'm going to install a new cable and hopefully that will help a little. My second gripe is that whoever had it before swapped the sprockets for a -1 +2 which don't get me wrong is loads of fun but this is a bike that will log a lot of highway miles so I may stay at the -1 front sprocket and go back to stock rear. Speedo is also was off so I'll install a speede healer. Just did my first mod which was the dual headlight mod and it was super simple. Soon to come are the sprockets with a new chain, new clutch cable, new levers and maybe some new fork and shock springs more suited to a guy that weighs about 210 with gear. Overall I'm super happy with the bike and looking forward to a great riding season.

Danny

Last edited:

JHM

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I'm Jamie from Surrey British Columbia.
I just picked up my second motorcycle, a 2004 Fz6, yesterday. I have not even ridden it on the street yet.
I am happy to see there is a forum that focuses on these bikes, I have had good experiences in other forums for other things I have gotten into in the past. Looking forward to the same here.
I am an Aircraft Electrician by trade, and am looking forward to digging into that part of things. I also prefer to do as much work as I can myself.
My first task is to figure out what items should be inspected prior to getting this bike on the road, I am sure I will find a thread to that effect on here somewhere.

Cheers.

Jamie.

Vinny7892

Reaction score
Visit site
Evening all,
I'm Phil and come from over the pond in England, I have a very slow blue/silver & black 2006 FZ6 S (compered to the blue ones allegedly). My first big bike since passing my test and a joy to ride when trying to keep up with a friends R1 :D. It even puts a big smile on my face every day I commute even though I have to ride in totally arse weather most of the time .