New member welcome thread..

IronmanVA

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone...my name is Keith and I'm new to the forums here but have been reading for some time as I've gotten to know my FZ6 more and more. I purchased her 2nd-hand in 2012 as bone-stock. I loved the bike so much that I told myself it'd never need any upgrades or changes. Well...I got the itch this past winter...

Fz672110

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone...my name is Keith and I'm new to the forums here but have been reading for some time as I've gotten to know my FZ6 more and more. I purchased her 2nd-hand in 2012 as bone-stock. I loved the bike so much that I told myself it'd never need any upgrades or changes. Well...I got the itch this past winter...
Welcome! Nice mods and beautiful bike! I just recently installed Leos on my bike as well and love them!

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
Hello there.

My name is Fábio, I'm 30yo (will turn 31 thursday).

I love to ride motorcycles and photography, put in good food and you have a perfect mixture!!

I took my motorcycle license when I was around 24yo, it was the missing license because I have all the licenses available that we can take.

Oh, I'm from Ermesinde (Portugal), a town near the awesome city of Porto.

Regarding motorcycles, my first one was the Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat (2000)... that was an awesome motorcycle and I miss her so much, bought it with around 16.000km's and sold it with around 58.000km's, then in 2011 I bought a brand new Honda NT700VA Deauville and it was the worst motorcycle money could buy and not that much reliable, sold it with almost 40.000km's, now I'm the happy owner of an AWESOME Yamaha FZ6 Fazer S2 bought it 0km's last year and now she is almost hitting 4.000km's.

It has so few km's because when the motorcycle had only 2.400km's in January of this year some stupid women ram the motorcycle when we (me and my girlfriend) where passing just in front of her, so the motorcycle needed a fix and the gear needed to be exchanged... sad story and makes my head start to boil!!!

As we do our rides we sometimes take some pictures and share it on our blog:
https://mototurismoadois.wordpress.com

It's in portuguese, but I think there is a translation feature within Wordpress... it's not perfect but it might help get the idea of things.

And... I think it's all. ;)

Now it's time to show us:
DSCF7520.JPG

"V"

RoadGator

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from The 9th circle of Hell called Florida!

I just purchased an FZ6 after hunting for months trying to find the right bike for what I wanted. The 09 FZ6 met that very well.

I choose it because I have not rode in 20+ years after an accident and because i wanted to be comfortable riding and don't really care about going 100+ down the highway but wanted that oomph if I needed to pass someone.

I almost pulled the trigger on an R6 and was looking at the 600rr but then common sense hit me(the wife) and said i don't need that and insurance was going to be kinda high.

So I bought one with 6050 miles on it and an 09. I have to get use to it and while it has been some time i have to see if the strange shifting is just me of the bike.

A little about me now:

8 Years in the Army, got out in 2002
2 kids, that will also be riding, 18 and 22
Married for 13 years
IT systems Admin and Network engineer
Live near Tampa
Lived in GA for 10 years
That's about it!

No pics yet as I just got it a few days ago.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Gator!

You picked a great bike and joined a wonderful forum!

Please gear up (yes, I know its hot) and take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) returning rider workshop. I was away from bikes for 25 years and it really helped. And PLEASE get the youngsters to go for training. They're more likely to listen to the instructor. :rolleyes:

The FZ6's shifting is a little clunky compared to some bikes, but you might try putting some lube (lithium grease etc) on the two pivot points on the shifter linkage. One day shortly after I bought the bike I thought I was going to pay for a new transmission but she just needed some lube. Some guys say the type of oil in the crankcase can make a difference. I've not tried the fancy stuff.

Chris

Last edited:

RoadGator

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Gator!

You picked a great bike and joined a wonderful forum!

Please gear up (yes, I know its hot) and take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) returning rider workshop. I was away from bikes for 25 years and it really helped. And PLEASE get the youngsters to go for training. They're more likely to listen to the instructor. :rolleyes:

The FZ6's shifting is a little clunky compared to some bikes, but you might try putting some lube (lithium grease etc) on the two pivot points on the shifter linkage. One day shortly after I bought the bike I thought I was going to pay for a new transmission but she just needed some lube. Some guys say the type of oil in the crankcase can make a difference. I've not tried the fancy stuff.

Chris

Yea I just took the written test and man was it easy. Looks like nothing has changed and is almost just like the one i took a long time ago. Took me all of 1 minute to do the test. The guy had to look at the test paper he gave me to see if the answers were on there or if he gave me the answer sheet.

I am going to try the grease on the linkage. What oil do they say makes a difference?

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, This seems to be way more active than the other forums I have been to.

Yes, we're very active. But you forgot to mention helpful,
and friendly,
and handsome,
well - except Motogiro (that's a selfie that he uses as an icon). Blah

Regarding your question about oil, I think Motul is one of the ones mentioned often. Just do a search on "shifting" or "rough shift" and you should find some threads.

But if you want to talk about it further, please start a different thread. The moderators like to keep this one for new member introductions. Topics like selection of oil or tires can quickly become very passionate debates. Those are best handled in one of the sub-forums, like in "Garage/Mechanical Help" or in "FZ6 General Discussion."

nyctpt

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

My name is Ryan, joined up because I'm looking to purchase an fz6 in the next few weeks. I took the MSF at the beginning of last summer and have about 2000 miles on a 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca II. Looking to upgrade to something fuel injected and water cooled. Looking forward to learning here and adding some info if I can!

Thanks,
Ryan

cugmc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi my name is Mike. I just bought a 2006 FZ6 last Sunday. I've been riding for a little over two years now and have had a Harley Sportster and a Honda Shadow (which I traded to get this bike). So far I'm loving the bike! Love that digital display too. I've always like Yamaha's.

It had right at 30,500 miles when I got it, rode it 70 miles home and have put another 200 miles on it since! PO said it had been geared down by PPO so mileage was lower but found out yesterday sprockets are stock size, maybe at one time idk.

It is pretty much stock. I ordered a fe kit, integrated led taillight (motodynamic), led turn signals up front, bar end mirrors, and new grips with blue trim last night on ebay.

My main concern is a common problem with this year I read...the sudden acceleration when you apply throttle after coasting. It is a bit jumpy. I'm changing the way I roll on the throttle but it still is present and annoying especially in a turn. Any solutions??

Also, caring for a chain driven bike is new for me. Cleaned and lubed it yesterday. It was pretty filthy, especially under the front sprocket cover.

Thanks and glad to find a helpful active forum!

Naked Stella

Reaction score
Visit site
Just joined today and already gotten some good info on another thread in "garage" area. Got a 2007 FZ6 S-2. 2,300 miles on it for $2,100, she's banged up pretty bad, but that's okay. Looking to turn it into a legit street-fighter. Previous owner was going for that look, but it just looks like someone wrecked it and sprayed it flat black to cover up the damage.

Look forward to learning what I can, and giving feedback in areas that I'm familiar with.

-2007 FZ6 Matte Black
-2001 CBR929RR Red and Black (RIP)
-2001 CBR600F4i (SOLD)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just joined today and already gotten some good info on another thread in "garage" area. Got a 2007 FZ6 S-2. 2,300 miles on it for $2,100, she's banged up pretty bad, but that's okay. Looking to turn it into a legit street-fighter. Previous owner was going for that look, but it just looks like someone wrecked it and sprayed it flat black to cover up the damage.

Look forward to learning what I can, and giving feedback in areas that I'm familiar with.

-2007 FZ6 Matte Black
-2001 CBR929RR Red and Black (RIP)
-2001 CBR600F4i (SOLD)

:welcome:to our awesome family!