New member welcome thread..

bluefizzah

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

I decided to join this forum after lurking for a while. I just bought a 2005 FZ6 in January as my second go at a first bike (I bought a 90 ZX-6C many moons ago and made it a mile before I dumped it and then life sort of moved me in a different direction for a while). I'm looking forward to learning how to ride this thing.

My dad has been riding for a very long time and has been a Yamaha guy for almost all of it. I chose the FZ6 because it's almost impossible to find a serviceable YZF600R where I live. I also am a bigger person and I don't look QUITE as ridiculous on this as I would on other bikes.

So far I got my bike with steel braided brake lines, a Givi Monokey top rack mount (No case though), a speedo healer, a solid black Puig Double Bubble, and nearly new Pilot Road 3 tires already installed. I have an FZ1 bar and new grips coming in the mail so that I'm not as upright as I currently am.

I'm really looking forward to many adventures and fun on this thing!

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

I decided to join this forum after lurking for a while. I just bought a 2005 FZ6 in January as my second go at a first bike (I bought a 90 ZX-6C many moons ago and made it a mile before I dumped it and then life sort of moved me in a different direction for a while). I'm looking forward to learning how to ride this thing.

My dad has been riding for a very long time and has been a Yamaha guy for almost all of it. I chose the FZ6 because it's almost impossible to find a serviceable YZF600R where I live. I also am a bigger person and I don't look QUITE as ridiculous on this as I would on other bikes.

So far I got my bike with steel braided brake lines, a Givi Monokey top rack mount (No case though), a speedo healer, a solid black Puig Double Bubble, and nearly new Pilot Road 3 tires already installed. I have an FZ1 bar and new grips coming in the mail so that I'm not as upright as I currently am.

I'm really looking forward to many adventures and fun on this thing!
:welcome: to the forum, did you take the MSF course?

Is the reason you're starting on a 600 because you're a "bigger person"?

bluefizzah

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum, did you take the MSF course?

Is the reason you're starting on a 600 because you're a "bigger person"?

I did not take the MSF the first go around but I did the second time around. I'm still fairly nervous going around town, but it's getting better.

Yeah, I could probably get away with a ninja 300 or the new R3 around town but I would be wringing it's neck whenever I went on longer trips. I'm 6'5" about 260 so... yeah....

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did not take the MSF the first go around but I did the second time around. I'm still fairly nervous going around town, but it's getting better.

Yeah, I could probably get away with a ninja 300 or the new R3 around town but I would be wringing it's neck whenever I went on longer trips. I'm 6'5" about 260 so... yeah....
That's good, I still want to take a MSF course because I just jumped on a Ninja 250 after getting my license on a 125cc automatic scooter. (kept it for almost 4 years though, I would have kept going with it if it was fuel injected)

Yeah a ninja 300 would have been nice or maybe even an older 500 just to have more torque for you but not overwhelming power (nor costly if you messed it up). Then again a 250 or 300 would have been super nimble so that you would feel much more comfortable, even if you had to sell them sooner due to the lack of overall power. The resale'd be amazing because that's just how it is for a used 250/300, there's always someone looking for one

What caused your first bike to crash? Was it conditions, another driver/rider, or inexperience?

Last edited:

bluefizzah

Reaction score
Visit site
That's good, I still want to take a MSF course because I just jumped on a Ninja 250 after getting my license on a 125cc automatic scooter. (kept it for almost 4 years though, I would have kept going with it if it was fuel injected)

Yeah a ninja 300 would have been nice or maybe even an older 500 just to have more torque for you but not overwhelming power (nor costly if you messed it up). Then again a 250 or 300 would have been super nimble so that you would feel much more comfortable, even if you had to sell them sooner due to the lack of overall power. The resale'd be amazing because that's just how it is for a used 250/300, there's always someone looking for one

What caused your first bike to crash? Was it conditions, another driver/rider, or inexperience?

I liked the MSF course, it helped me get back on the horse so-to-speak but it's a lot of slow speed maneuvering it doesn't really do a lot other than classroom work when it comes to real world applications of traffic positioning and all of that.

I got my FZ6 for $3800 total and it's in REALLY good condition, similar 250s and 300s even the odd ninja 500 were either roughly the same price if they were in anywhere near as good of condition or they were ratty things and the cheap price they wanted was still too much. Plus I have a top ten list of favorite bikes of all time, and the Fizzer is on it.

It was inexperience and a ratty bike, I grabbed a handful of brake coming up to a yellow and it low sided quick as you like. I ended up fine for the most part (ATGATT) although I did some work to my ribs somehow.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I liked the MSF course, it helped me get back on the horse so-to-speak but it's a lot of slow speed maneuvering it doesn't really do a lot other than classroom work when it comes to real world applications of traffic positioning and all of that.

I got my FZ6 for $3800 total and it's in REALLY good condition, similar 250s and 300s even the odd ninja 500 were either roughly the same price if they were in anywhere near as good of condition or they were ratty things and the cheap price they wanted was still too much. Plus I have a top ten list of favorite bikes of all time, and the Fizzer is on it.

It was inexperience and a ratty bike, I grabbed a handful of brake coming up to a yellow and it low sided quick as you like. I ended up fine for the most part (ATGATT) although I did some work to my ribs somehow.
Well slow speed's always been where I feel least comfortable (likely because I had forgone the course), so I think I'd benefit from it.

That's about what I paid for mine, $4100 with 3800mi. How many miles does yours have? Mine was and still is bone stock not counting some frame sliders.
The FZ6 should be on your top list because although I found it by mistake, I think it's the best mistake I've got into. I was torn between a new Ninja 300...which I still haven't ridden yet...or a used 600, and when I went to look at a CBR600 F4i he pulled the FZ6 out and after sitting on them both my back liked the FZ6 substantially more, only later did I start to learn that it's like one of the best motorcycles ever haha.

Oh, and that was before the course I reckon?

bluefizzah

Reaction score
Visit site
Well slow speed's always been where I feel least comfortable (likely because I had forgone the course), so I think I'd benefit from it.

That's about what I paid for mine, $4100 with 3800mi. How many miles does yours have? Mine was and still is bone stock not counting some frame sliders.
The FZ6 should be on your top list because although I found it by mistake, I think it's the best mistake I've got into. I was torn between a new Ninja 300...which I still haven't ridden yet...or a used 600, and when I went to look at a CBR600 F4i he pulled the FZ6 out and after sitting on them both my back liked the FZ6 substantially more, only later did I start to learn that it's like one of the best motorcycles ever haha.

Oh, and that was before the course I reckon?

Yeah, my dad tried teaching me as much as he could (which was remarkably similar to the MSF course) but he's been riding for almost 50 years so he's forgotten more than quite a few people know. Inevitably there was a lot of stuff he forgot to teach me because it had become second nature. But, I had originally had time before I needed to ride that bike so I thought I had more time to learn before I was forced out there in the real world. Such is life...

I really enjoy the bike so far, I'm just having to learn how to speak a new language so I can ride it effectively. My list however was mostly created during my formative years so there's a lot of sportsbikes on there lol. I also have a weird obsession with Triumph...

RDY740

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I just recently got a 2004 FZ6. Coming from a CBR250, this is definitely a lot more bike and a lot more fun to ride. I am from Oklahoma so if there is anybody from here, feel free to message me and we can go ride sometime!

RDY740

Maxgibbons80

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,
My name is max. Born and raised in Birmingham england, now living in concord California. Just seporated from the U.S. army after serving four years in the infantry. I was with the 173rd airborne out of Italy, so of the best days of my life falling out of the sky. Just got myself a 07 FZ6, pics to follow later. It needs some update and work done. I'm excited to get started. Take it easy and have fun!

bcmaxx

Reaction score
Visit site
20150421_082417_HDR_zps9kgimw6r.jpg
hi my name is justin. Im from trail b.c. canada. New to the sport touring scene here my bike after i have made some personal changes! Its a 2009 .

mitdr774

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. My name is Clyde. I live in SE Michigan and recently purchased a 2009 FZ6. I have wanted one for years, but didnt get around to getting my endorsement until this past fall. I have been riding a 2007 Blast since getting my endorsement. Its a fun city bike, but that is about it.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi justin i think erci on this forum is the fb page manager you could pm him and diuble check i got that right

Btw welcome from downunder

my iPhone post using Tapatalk - sorry for any shpillong mishtooks i has fat fingies

-René-

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

My name is René, 31 years old and I live in The Netherlands. Two weeks ago I bought my second Yamaha FZ6(N) 2005. The frist one I got to sell last year cause I need some money (broke down my relationship, new house bla bla) but I missed the bike more then I thought, so I bought another one.
My work is to restore classic cars, mostly sanding down paintwork and polishing it to a supersmooth mirror finish and I love my job. After my work I like to drive my fz6, snowboarding in wintertimes and spending time with my friends.

Mods on the bike for so far
- BOS exhaust systeem
- Rizoma black bar
- black mirrors
- new grips

Need to do this month
- there's a small dent in gastank (need to pull it out, no paint damage at all)
- koso rx2 display (original got some pixel faults and it's hard to open it without damage it)

Need to do this year
- many many other mods to upgrade the bike
- a lot of

Like to learn some more about the bike, meeting new people. Sorry for my bad English, hope you all understand it.

Pics will follow soon

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big :welcome: to all the new members on the forum :thumbup:

Hi,
My name is René, 31 years old and I live in The Netherlands. Two weeks ago I bought my second Yamaha FZ6(N) 2005. The frist one I got to sell last year .........Need to do this year
- many many other mods to upgrade the bike
- a lot of

Like to learn some more about the bike, meeting new people. Sorry for my bad English, hope you all understand it.

Pics will follow soon

Welkom René, looking forward to seeing your pics. BTW your English is perfect :thumbup: have fun :rockon:

dnspaul

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone my name is Paul!I'm a full time electrician leaving in London and i just bought my first bike yesturday after passing my mod 2 test the day before.
Its an 04 fz6n and i love it :cheer: :rockon: