New member welcome thread..

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New member from Texas

At the house with my really good friend and his Triumph Spirit 1050cc. Coincidentally the loudest bike in the world sitting next to the quietest bike in the world.
IMG_20130914_105028.jpg

Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you in person, and continuing to absorb all the information this site has to offer!

-Bob[/QUOTE]

There are many modifications that you can do to your new Fazer to personalize it - some safety related, some performance related and some "I need to have one of those" related. One of my favorite was to replace the stock exhaust with a slipon. There is a significant weight reduction and the sound ain't bad either.
Ken :welcome:

Xlrrp

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name is Chris. I'm 49 years old and have had bikes most of my life... except for the past eight years after moving to Washington from CA. I ended up watching "Long Way Around" and "Long Way Down" and got the craving to get a bike again. That and my $3500/year fuel bill driving to/from work.

I wanted something to commute to Portland each day and my 2004 FZ6 makes the ride very enjoyable. I actually look forward to the drive now. I've had the bike for about three weeks.

Minor mods to improve my rider comfort (Oxford heated grips, Progressive front springs.... stuff like that).

Thanks and I love this site..

Chris (Washougal, WA)

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New member from Texas

At the house with my really good friend and his Triumph Spirit 1050cc. Coincidentally the loudest bike in the world sitting next to the quietest bike in the world.
IMG_20130914_105028.jpg

Looking forward to maybe meeting some of you in person, and continuing to absorb all the information this site has to offer!

-Bob

There are many modifications that you can do to your new Fazer to personalize it - some safety related, some performance related and some "I need to have one of those" related. One of my favorite was to replace the stock exhaust with a slipon. There is a significant weight reduction and the sound ain't bad either.
Ken :welcome:[/QUOTE]

I put Akrapovik on mine. Love the sound!

Mister93Johnson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm Adam, 20 From London!

Bought my fz600 s2 about a month and a half ago and I'm already loving it!
I've already found help here so I'm looking forward to learning and helping out!:D

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
beart,

On the lower menu bar, near the middle, click on "community" then members, then search, then advanced. Enter "MN" or minnesota in the LOCATION field and hit search.

There are lots of members listed from MN. Good luck and welcome.

Last edited:

eugenions

Reaction score
Visit site
hello guys
I'm from Brazil, I'm new in the forum. bought my fz6 a couple of months ago (boght it on march), before it I had a honda cb300r wich I found a crappy bike.
I have nothing to complain about the fz6, its the best lookin 600cc naked to me.
here's a video of me and my bike :D
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUDBryKZKx8]Brincado na Yamaha Fazer 600 em São Luís - MA - YouTube[/ame]

I like the engine very much, the bike is really fast for a 600cc naked, probably the fastest in this category.

here's a photo of it:
65020_10200714369767052_83263715_n.jpg

muryn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

My name is Marek and originally I'm from Poland but... i live in the UK ;)

FZ6 S2 is my 2nd bike as first was Suzuki SV650...

She is my babezzzzz... ;D
But recently I do loose a bit of trust in her as we are going through some rough time... hope I will be able to find some answers here

and this is how she looks like ;-)

IMG_2671.jpg

Fazedballer

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright whats the story?? The names graham from dublin ... Driving a fazer 600 01 model cracking bike... Never lets me down .... Bit of a back wheel demon to say the least it loves becoming a unicycle... I am Currently working as a hospital porter .... Glorified wheel chair pusher bascially haha ... Any questions fire away always free to burn the ears off some one!! Chat soon graham( baller):Flip:

Last edited:

Jsc561

Reaction score
Visit site
Whats up guys My names Johan just bought a 2005 fz6 yesterday with 9k miles needs some tlc and a good wash motor is marvelous brakes good too cant ask for more only paid 2600 for it ! Nice to meet everyone safe riding ! :rockon:

mby

Reaction score
Visit site
Google Translate
Hello everyone, I'm owner FZ6 S2, Croatian and newly registered in the forum, here's the picture, I hope fun and useful advice to me

Lucif-R

~ Walker... ~
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Ladies & Gentleman,

I'm from Budapest, Hungary. I'm working at Lufthansa Systems as Senior IT Security Engineer, and I'm 6.1" tall. I'm not married, however I have a wonderful Girlfriend for over 2 years now. I'm a few months older than 30. I have license for cagers for over 10years now. I was thinking a lot about bikes, and the freedom ( the go where ever you want ), and the feel of the wind around you in the summer, and such in the past 1-2years ( I' was shooting envy eyes on nice sport tour, and tour bikes). Also my Girlfriend's dad has a nice Suzuki Intruder Chopper, so we were talking a lot about biking, and nice tours around Hungary.

After some discussion with my Girlfriend I've decided that I will start a course next years beginning so that I can start riding a bike just when the season starts. I've chosen the Yamaha Fz6S model as my future bike since it has a nice sporty body , also a bit angry face with that double cat-eye shape lamps. Also I really liked that the exhaust... :drool: :bow: its doubled and under the seat ( I dunno why but when I see a bike with a side exhaust I'm like... okay and where did you lost the other one? :confused: ). Also I think 600cc is not that big for starting ( but I'm more likely a sticking one so not gona change it if i love it, and I love it already... did not even sit on one :p ).

I've already spent half of the price of the bike in my head for parts, and mods :rolleyes::D I'm in ReadOnlyMode since I've registered so read trough a lot of articles, how-to, what to, where to ( since I have not bike, license, mod exp there is not much I can add to here... yet! ;) ) Oh and here is the list ( its in which is most important order, or some like that order will eventually change ):

01 - frame sliders, or smaller crash bar around belly
02 - bi-xenon projector mod
03 - led blinker / new relay
04 - led brake light
05 - R6 mirrors ( if I can't see only my shoulders )
06 - 2 additional small led brake lamps ( with blinking effect )
07 - cowslip ( if its not on the bike )
08 - R6 handlebar ( if the FZ6 is not comfy )
09 - Progip handlebar grip
10 - Some a tiny bit louder pipes
11 - puig tour / db plexi ( dunno which one yet )
12 - some adjustable brake and clutch levers
13 - metal pegs ( might make my own )
14 - radiator guard ( seen some puig ones, but might make my own )
15 - R6 fork replacement

Oh... thisssss is a bit long sorry about that :) Hope I can be a help on some way to you guys as well :) aaaand I'm more than happy that I found this community.

All the be(a)sts to all of you! :cheer:

Last edited:

ElectroNick

Reaction score
Visit site
Aloha,

Nick the Greek in da place , i study Electronics Engineering and i work on the IT department (PCs and networks support) at a company. i recentlly "married" my Fazer FZ6 S2 '08 and we are having great time since we made our first touring trips.:D I would like to congratz everyone in this forum for their effort making this site awesome and helpfull.
Many and safe miles i wish to everyone!!:thumbup:

Nick

Velotraveler

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all-

My name is Chad. I just bought a 2004 FZ6 with 18k miles. This is my first motorcycle in over 25 years (I began riding on a 1972 Honda z50, moved on to a '82 Kawasaki KDX 80, then a '84 Honda Nighthawk S).

I purchased the FZ primarily for commuting. I spend a lot of time driving my car around alone, so I figured the bike would be a way to both save on gas, and enjoy the commute. I live in Colorado so, aside from a few days/weeks when its actually cold, I figure I can ride year 'round.

I plan on taking the front fairing off and replacing the headlight with either a single round headlight, dual round headlights or the factory "code of armor" looking headlight that was stock on the naked version of the bike.

****Your opinions, suggestions and /or advice are more than welcome, as I will be looking to all of you when it come time to begin the modification.