New member welcome thread..

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I am from Newark, Delaware and just got myself a 2005 Silver/Black Fz6 last week. Did a lot looking around for what will be my first motorcycle in the US. I have a few motorcycles back home in India(180cc - 350cc) and missed riding for over a year since I am in the US. I had promised myself a motorcycle this year and found a good Fz6 last week. It definitely feels different to ride a bigger and more powerful bike than what I am used to back home, but I like the feel of it :). Just hoping the weather gets better soon.

I have looked up a lot of info on this forum, and already took care of battery replacement, engine oil change following the instructions here. I am sure there will be more things to discover about the motorcycle, and I'll keep soaking up the info here.

Cheers

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! My name is Lisa and I am from Lindsay, Oklahoma. I will be the big 40 this year! I am married and have 2 children. We have owned a couple of bikes since we have been together, but I have not ridden by myself since I was a kid on a dirt bike. I have always wanted a street bike, but I just never got one. As with other working couples, we got in a rut of raising our children and too much work and no play…you know what they say about that. So, I wanted to find something that we would both like to do so we could get out of the house some. I mentioned to my husband that we should get a bike again for us to ride together. He agreed that was a good idea and we purchased a Shadow Sabre. My husband said he liked going on rides together on it but it just really was not his style of bike. So then I suggested that maybe I needed my own bike so he could get a sport-touring bike (which is what he loves). I ended up with a 1994 Honda Magna because of the seat height and it had plenty power. He ended up with a 1998 Honda VFR. Later we decided to upgrade both and purchased a matching pair of 2007 VFRs. My husband tried to get it to fit me right but it was just too heavy and a little too tall for me to handle easily, even with a lowering kit (28 inch inseam). After doing quite a bit of research….I just bought my 2009 FZ6. I have only got to ride it a little but I love it!!! It has a lot of power, is fairly light, and very comfortable. I have back issues and I didn’t squirm as much on the FZ6 during a 2 hour ride as I normally would on my Magna. It is black and has the Yamaha tinted touring windscreen. It has a Top Saddlery seat that came on it, but I could just barely touch the ground with that seat on it. We had to put the OEM seat back on it so I could ride. I will post the seat up for sale as soon as I am allowed. My kids and I took the motorcycle safety classes together about 2 years ago so we could all ride as a group. My son now owns the Sabre. My daughter had a 2011 CBR but decided she would rather ride with someone and sold it. Her boyfriend just purchased a Katana, so, after he practices for MANY hours then she will just ride with him. So anyway, enough of my life history, here are the pictures of my new bike. :cheer:

Last edited:

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings all. I just bought an 08 FZ after my 1980 CB750 had one too many parts fail (for the 3rd time). In a fit of "I'm not going to miss another riding season screwing with this junk" rage, I picked up the only thing in my area that looked like a naked standard bike.

So far, I'm impressed. I had forgotten what nimble handling, solid power, good suspension, and modern tires felt like. This is my first Yamaha and my first fuel injected motorcycle so I'll be reading just about everything on this site.

Oooh, yeah, I have the black one - assuming that was a factory color.... It's the slow, invisible one.

Last edited:

ArmyOfDarkness

Reaction score
Visit site
I big hearty hello to everyone. I bought my 2006 FZ6-S with 5500 miles private party for $2300 and nada guides says this thing books for 4200 retail. Here in Lincoln, NE there is a 2005 at the dealer with scratches and dent in the fuel tank and they won't budge from $3800. So, I think I got one hell of a deal!

I have NEVER ridden a motorcycle before, but I have been researching on-and-off for 7 years! There was always an excuse for me not to buy. I thought I was too tall, I am 6'4". I injured my shoulder which required surgery in 2009. I was too busy with internships and school. Blah, blah, blah. So, NO MORE EXCUSES!

I have signed up for the motorcycle training course which is a three day event, May 3-5. Just turned 27 last Wednesday, April 10, and I have just emailed dev_usc to talk about my birthday present: one of his headlight conversion kits! I can't wait to learn to ride and mod this baby the way I want. I will share progress with everyone!

midknight

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone from East Tennessee. Just bought my first FZ6 last Thursday (not my first bike, but my first Yamaha). It's a 2007 model with 8700 miles on it, and I have to say it's the cleanest used bike I have ever seen. Went out on a good 150 mile ride yesterday and all I can say is I love this bike! Anyway, here's a few pictures of my baby:

Jessman23

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm Jesse. I live outside of Pittsburgh, PA. I have been riding since I was 18 in 2009. I just traded my 2010 R1 for a 09 FZ6, and it was the best decision I have ever made. I ride to work and I look for any excuse to just go for a ride. I do a lot of riding into West Virginia because if you live anywhere in PA, you know that the roads here are filled with pot holes and completely suck. I have a trip planned to go to the dragon this June.

I will try to upload pics of my bike and get my profile updated asap.

midknight

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm Jesse. I live outside of Pittsburgh, PA. I have been riding since I was 18 in 2009. I just traded my 2010 R1 for a 09 FZ6, and it was the best decision I have ever made. I ride to work and I look for any excuse to just go for a ride. I do a lot of riding into West Virginia because if you live anywhere in PA, you know that the roads here are filled with pot holes and completely suck. I have a trip planned to go to the dragon this June.

I will try to upload pics of my bike and get my profile updated asap.

Don't stop at just the dragon, there are tons of great (less crowded) roads in the east tn and NC area!

Mrskliner

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome. By the way, I am looking for a noncurrent, new '09 S model. I don't like the FZ6-R for several reasons. I know I am probably too late. I cant talk myself into a parallel twin (which I've never ridden) because I've always had an inline 4 or CBX (still have my '79). Anyway.... would sure appreciate it if anyone in PA, MD, WVa, DE, or NJ area sees or knows of a noncurrent S model, either color, I'd be interested. I need the extra top end too, as I am 300 lbs., and thus prefer the ergos of the S. I sat on one at local dealer a year ago and stupidly passed cause I really wanted a larger CC engine but in hindsight, at 50 years old, the 600 cc and 84hp would've been plenty. Thanks for any tips. --Dave

Bluentalot

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, My name is Kevin, and I live in St. Louis, Mo. I got a great deal on an 09 FZ6 with 1500 miles. Appearently I did well, as I got the faster blue flavor! I am returning to riding after a seven years of not having a bike. I had a 91 Kaw Zepher back in the day. My last ride lasted four mos it is an 08 Piaggio MP3 500. It didn't take long for me to need something faster.

I am in the process of setting the ride up as a sport tourer. I have already installed a smoked Puig Touring wind screen. I will be doing the FZ1 handlebar mo withen the next week. Knights Design lower pegs(on order). I have my swingarm stickers from FAZR6 (thanks man) and will do those tomorrow, yay! I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with the bike and this forum.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, My name is Kevin, and I live in St. Louis, Mo. I got a great deal on an 09 FZ6 with 1500 miles. Appearently I did well, as I got the faster blue flavor! I am returning to riding after a seven years of not having a bike. I had a 91 Kaw Zepher back in the day. My last ride lasted four mos it is an 08 Piaggio MP3 500. It didn't take long for me to need something faster.

I am in the process of setting the ride up as a sport tourer. I have already installed a smoked Puig Touring wind screen. I will be doing the FZ1 handlebar mo withen the next week. Knights Design lower pegs(on order). I have my swingarm stickers from FAZR6 (thanks man) and will do those tomorrow, yay! I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with the bike and this forum.

:welcome: from Texas.:cheer:

It looks like you've been lurking on the site for some time.:thumbup:

Post photos of that so called faster blue.:rolleyes:

Ride safe, and enjoy the site.:cheer:

eclipse

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, new member and just purchased a 2008 FZ6 in black. This is also my first bike and has been a lot of fun so far. I live in Austin, Texas. Here's a pick of my FZ6.

20130425_123220_zpsfdd61fe8.jpg

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, new member and just purchased a 2008 FZ6 in black. This is also my first bike and has been a lot of fun so far. I live in Austin, Texas. Here's a pick of my FZ6.

20130425_123220_zpsfdd61fe8.jpg

:welcome: Nice bike :thumbup: This is an awesome forum.

Looks like your Fizzer has been modded a bit already.

You might consider ditching the passenger footpegs since you have a single seat conversion.