New member welcome thread..

mfinlay

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, this is Matt. I live if Far Hills, NJ. I manage a private equity fund and travel all around the world. I have a wonderful wife and three active boys, age 15, 12 and 10. Life is excellent, but stressful at times. I like my job, but it's a real handful. I spend a lot of time overseas, in airports and hotels. That's hard with a family. Also, the work I do can itself be stressful.

With all this stress, I need a way to chill out. Frankly, there are not many better ways to chill out than to bring my '09 (fast) blue FZ6 out of the garage and take a spin on all the twisty roads near where I live. On the days that I work in the office, it's a great, twisty 20 miles from home to office.

I started biking as a college student back in the 80's. I rode 35K kilometers around Australia one year, and 20K miles around the US two years later, all on smallish bikes. The US trip was done on a Yamaha Radian, a 600cc inline four which is very similar to the FZ6. I absolutely LOVED that bike. It was much faster than it looked - I used to be able to blow small superbike guys off the line, much to their surprise. I sold that bike when my first son was born.

I just bought the FZ6 last month, and couldn't be happier. My midlife crisis disappeared in the 3.something seconds it took me to get from 0-60 first time heading out the exit ramp onto the highway.

Glad to find such a great board!

Nameless

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

i have a name unlike my username suggests (ben)

live in London, passed my test 5 months ago and just upgraded to a fz6 s2 09 from an r125 im fairly new to the biking world

loving the bike and have a few mods on it,

I work for the police and looking forward to meeting some other riders and getting some advice

88FZ600

Reaction score
Visit site
hey all!
my name is alex, i'm from toronto ontario canada and i just picked up a 1988 fz600
my father and i both wrote the m test together and have been riding since may 2009
we had first purchased a 2008 vstar 650 and now we can finally ride together
looking forward to learning lots from you guys

envy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, my name is alex too :))
Just got my baby FZ6N S2 '08 after years of riding dirt bikes.

Looking forward for some useful info and will share as much as i can.

P.s. Have my lisence for 6 uears now, but riding for some 15 :)

Beerdrinker

2^57885161-1
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,
I'm Pedro AKA Beerdrinker from Portugal!
I drive motorcycles at about 10 years and now I own a FZ6 2006 :BLAA:!!

Derekc1103

Reaction score
Visit site
hey everyone names derek i have a silver 04 fz6 got off a friend who took a digger. bikes almost done will have pix soon just have to buy forks and handle bars and ill be riding soon...

stubbe45

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Erich. Got a new 2009 FZ6 black in color in mid April. It is my first bike. I don't know much about mechanics or working on motorcycles; just like to ride. Only mod I've done is the dual headlight mod. I am currently living in the La Crosse, WI area but will be moving in the next couple weeks to the Madison, WI area. I have enjoyed browsing the forums and have found tons of helpful advice.

AidanM

Inspired to Ride
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, my name is Aidan.
I am 17 years old.
I rode dirt bikes as a kid (we had a track at our house for quite a few years) but recently this summer I took the Team Oregon class to become endorsed and I invested in a 2005 yamaha fz6 as my first street-legal Motorcycle.
Now I am hoping to begin building knowledge, experience, and skills as I enter the world of "two-wheel travel."
I'm lookin' forward to being a part of the forum!

LarsPetersen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there

I'm from Denmark. 51 years old and recently (May 2012) got my FZ6N ABS...

Love the bike and looking forward to learn and experience from the more skilled FZ6 riders in this forum

Best wishes - Lars

1577.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------
Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly ...

Aymish

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,
My name is Aymish and I'm from brisbane, Australia. I have had my licence for a few years now and have finally decided on somthing I liked a 2004 fz6-n. I look forward to discussing mods and learning from all of you :)
:Flash:

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone, my name is Aidan.
I am 17 years old.
I rode dirt bikes as a kid (we had a track at our house for quite a few years) but recently this summer I took the Team Oregon class to become endorsed and I invested in a 2005 yamaha fz6 as my first street-legal Motorcycle.
Now I am hoping to begin building knowledge, experience, and skills as I enter the world of "two-wheel travel."
I'm lookin' forward to being a part of the forum!

Welcome:welcome:Welcome:welcome:

Nice hi-vis jacket! Good to see you already have safety in mind. These are great people with a boat load of knowledge.

j_rok-84

Reaction score
Visit site
hey guys! im justin...not new to the forums but new to street fighter cult haha jk! im in the process of converting my bike to a street fighter from half fairing r6. im super pumped and i plan to later throw some drift parts in there along the way...its an uphill battle so im glad i have the fazer to ride up it!

blackONblack

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings all. I just purchased (literally this week) my black 2008 FZ6, with the partial fairing. I bought my first bike, a beaten-up 1995 Kawasaki Ninja 250, nearly 5 years ago, sold it about 2 years ago, and just finally decided to get back into bikes. I took the beginners MSF course and enjoyed the heck out of it. I'd be interested in taking the intermediate/advanced courses (assuming they exist/are offered).

From the board, I'm hoping to have some useful discussions/recommendations on practical modifications such as hard cases and GPS mounting/wiring, as well as recommendations on gear. I currently have 3 jackets that I held onto, a Shoei helmet for myself and an HJC for passengers/backup, leather boots, and gloves, but I'm looking for overpants and will probably be shopping for new gloves and a helmet if I decide to hang onto the bike (I'm worried I might not have enough time to ride it!)

I'm also looking forward to having some interesting discussions about the philosophy of riding, especially concerning the idea of risk, and what riding means to the individual.

Thanks for having me! :D

Mark3d 4 D34th

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome everyone!

I have been Lurking on this forum for awhile but figured it was time for an intro since I have been commenting on other posts. I am in the military stationed in Germany so US spec bikes are slim picking but I got lucky and scored a 2007 FZ6 bone stock with 3200 mls for $3600 which I thought was a good deal and it came with a Yamaha leather riding jacket and blue Icon helmet and a bike cover so I am Happy. My plans are to go Naked with the FZ1N headlight, I just got a set of two brothers for her and once I change the squared rear tire I am going to paint the rims gold. Thats pretty much it in a nut shell. I wanted a nice work commuter and weekend warrior so I am satisfied. Here is a picture from the advertisement sorry no recent photos.

Watty

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello

Just picked up my FZ6 s2 today. Has a few mods already, scorpion cans, tail tidy and levers. Just want to put some crash bungs, xenon bulb and a scott oiler on as i'll be commuting on it.

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

I'll take some better pics eventually.

millenix

Reaction score
Visit site
Hadn't posted in here yet. I'm 29 and located in McKinney, TX... I have a red 07 FZ6, which is my 3rd bike. Prior bikes were an EX-500 and Ninja 650. My wife also rides, and she has taken over the Ninja 650 now.

Last edited: